• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Recent Logo

deane

Here is a logo that I designed for my niece. She was wanting more of a hand drawn look so I drew it with a marker, scanned it and cleaned it up. The only font that I used was LHF Sarah Script. This is what I came up with.

Attachments

• VINTAGE BUTTON 3.jpg
    VINTAGE BUTTON 3.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 96

iSign

nice work!
I like it :thumb:

I'm curious if you looked at a darker green?
Just thinking for distance legibility... being so ingrained in sign making, although maybe she will never need a sign...

deane

Those are the colors she wanted. I tried to change them but she was adamant about using them against my better judgment. How can you argue with family?

laserman70

I like the design elements. The colors need pop, add some outlines for contrast. I understand that is what she wants, just show her the other with outline contrast. It is so hard to read with the colors the way they are.
just my .02

Craig Sjoquist

I like it very creative looking, nice looking marker font with all kinds of extras swirls and swooshes awesome looking.
As a whole it is busy but if she likes it cool beans

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
The Sarah Script is discordant with whatever it is you used for the main copy as is the bilious green 1950's flavor tilted triangle. But the biggest thing wrong with it is that it's functionally illegible. All of those gratuitous devices you've strung about are supposed to frame and accent the copy not take its place.

signmeup

Nice hand drawn work. I agree it would look better if you had also drawn "The". I would also suggest it could use a bit more contrast but you are probably going for a pastel look.

Attachments

• VintageButton.jpg
    VintageButton.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 121

deane

revision

After toiling over this I took Bob's advice and changed the script font and eliminated the triangle in the background. I also made the scrolls around the bottom not as thick because I thought they were competing with the overall design and legibility of the main copy. Here is what I came up with.

Attachments

• VINTAGE BUTTON 4.jpg
    VINTAGE BUTTON 4.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 71

bob

More better. You might want to reduce the fretwork even more or at least bring it closer in to, perhaps even somewhat behind, the copy. There seems to be too much air between the decorations and the text.

deane

next revision

I think you were right Bob, it tightens things up. Thanks for your suggestions.

Attachments

• VINTAGE BUTTON 5.jpg
    VINTAGE BUTTON 5.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 91

Jillbeans

I would also suggest a white to cream yellow fade in the lettering to sneak in a bit more contrast.
Love.....Jill

Dave Drane

The Sarah Script is discordant with whatever it is you used for the main copy as is the bilious green 1950's flavor tilted triangle. But the biggest thing wrong with it is that it's functionally illegible. All of those gratuitous devices you've strung about are supposed to frame and accent the copy not take its place.

:goodpost: Did you ever step back from your computer to see how far you walked before it became unreadable? However many feet that was, Divide the onscreen measurement into 100 feet and it will give you an idea about how far the actual design will be read from?? Do the maths. There are way too many curly things in it for it to be legible. Nice if it was in a newspaper ad.

signmeup

Have you tried it like post#10 but with the green filled in completely around the letters? The white bits have more contrast than the text right now. Also the fade Jill suggested sounds good.

S'N'S

What if it looked like a button? This is a roughy.........

Attachments

• VINTAGE BUTTON.jpg
    VINTAGE BUTTON.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 73

deane

Incorporating a button in the design was one of the first things that I had suggested. They are starting this shop in what is called the Button Building. They will not be selling buttons instead it will be a gift, antique and fine home furnishings store. Thanks for all your input and I will try to convince them about changing their colors. This will be a tough row to hoe because they are adamant about those colors.

bob

OK, what would #10 look like if you filled in all of the captive white, as in a solid background, and perhaps if you narrowed the outside green outline a taste? All of that captive white still looks rather busy and the outer outline seems too fat. Perhaps the perceived fatness will go away when the background is made solid. Who knows.

After you fill in the white you might try a very subtle vertical stripe on the resultant green background. Very Victorian that.

signmeup

OK, what would #10 look like if you filled in all of the captive white, as in a solid background, and perhaps if you narrowed the outside green outline a taste? All of that captive white still looks rather busy and the outer outline seems too fat. Perhaps the perceived fatness will go away when the background is made solid. Who knows.

After you fill in the white you might try a very subtle vertical stripe on the resultant green background. Very Victorian that.
See post 13

deane

another revision

O.k. I'm just about the end of the revision rope here. This is what I came up with.

Attachments

• VINTAGE BUTTON 6.jpg
    VINTAGE BUTTON 6.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 66