• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Recent sandblasted sign

SignManiac

Just crating this up to ship out today. Sign is 12'w. by 44"h. and done in two stages. The posts that go with it are 8"x8"x10' and weight close to 150lbs. each. That's a lot of wood.

Attachments

• Rexcorp.jpg
    Rexcorp.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 135
  • Rexcorp2.jpg
    Rexcorp2.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:

Marlene

nice looking sign. also really nice example of a drawing of what the customer can expect and then the actual product. nice work as always!

SignManiac

Thanks Colorado and Marlene! I glued up (3) 2"x12"x12' western red cedar for the long portion and glued up (4) 44" lengths for the circle. This time, I used the router table to hog out all the blasted area to .3" depth, then came back with the sandblaster to raise the grain. It gives a nicer uniform depth and saves a ton of time and black beauty grit. After that it was prime and paint. I used PL glue and counter sunk 1/4" lag bolts from the back of the sign to attach the circle logo.

sardocs

Originally Posted by SignManiac
"Everything today in the sign industry is valued a $1.00 per s.f."

I'll bet you are able to do better than a buck a foot on nice projects like that.

FS-Keith

looks great! do you sheet this with sandblast mask before you route it then router and blast, then remove the mask and paint?

SignManiac

FS, I use that method at times and depending on the size and detail of the masked areas, I will sometimes route to a straight hog out and then come back and mask my areas then hand cut. I have another project to start this week involving very small lettering to be blasted and I'll more than likely hand cut all of it for that job. Most every situation will dictate the best method to use.

SignManiac

Thanks guys. It's pretty simple by my standards but I tend to like the less is more philosophy of design. This is the third piece I've done for this company and I believe there are two more of the larger ones to do.