• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Recommendations for best lam for use with Big Squeegee

trakers

I have been fighting a roll of Oracal 210G. It will *not* release with the BS, just folds over and causes headaches. It is finally almost gone. You fellas have a favorite lam that will release well with the Big Squeegee?

TresL

210 is one of the easiest to use with the BS.

Use one hand to pull the backing off & the other to move the BS.

TheSnowman

I agree, 210 is terrible. There is no way to lay a 54" lam on top of a print by yourself w/o doing the double stick tape trick. You've gotta have two hands on bigger jobs. Dale told me of some good ones years ago, but I've just kept buying Oracal. I'd be interested to know what has a thicker liner too.

max

Yea that 210 doesnt work with BS. I use Avery's DOL2100 and it works great with the BS. release liner is thicker and just slides right off...

TresL

Used 100's of 210 rolls with the BS.
No worse than any other lam. 3m, Avery, GF, Arlon.

But, I'm only doing 30"

Mosh

I use 210 and 290 ALL THE TIME. Use a 3" tube and roll the backing up on that as you go, pulling the backing and wrapping it around the tube. Simple.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Guys my laminate is much better then the Oracal 210 and its alot less in costs. My 3.5 Mil UV PS Lam is only $0.15 a sq.ft and I will put it against Oracal all day. Works great with the BS also.

HulkSmash

Guys my laminate is much better then the Oracal 210 and its alot less in costs. My 3.5 Mil UV PS Lam is only $0.15 a sq.ft and I will put it against Oracal all day. Works great with the BS also.

josh is that lam on paper back... or a poly or plastic backing like 8518 or what not

FatCat

BigFish..what standard sized does that lam come in? Can you slit it down if someone needed it - say for a 48" machine? :)

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
BigFish..what standard sized does that lam come in? Can you slit it down if someone needed it - say for a 48" machine? :)

Standard sizes and prices are
38"x150' $71.25
51"x150' $95.62
54"x150' $101.25
61"x150' $114.37

I can cut anything to size for a flat $10

pbaccinelli

I am brand spanking new to the business. Have graphics background.
I have a Roland versa cam-300. I have a new client who may want a 6 x 30 foot interior image for his restaurant. I am thinking of using 3268 oracle and 210 laminate.?. (or maybe one of the others mentioned in this string). Problem. Still working on getting a laminator!! My Roland is a 30 inch. Is it possible to use the big squeegee to cold laminate for this. Was thinking of doing the image in a sections??? Does this sound do-able???

anotherdog

I am brand spanking new to the business. Have graphics background.
I have a Roland versa cam-300. I have a new client who may want a 6 x 30 foot interior image for his restaurant. I am thinking of using 3268 oracle and 210 laminate.?. (or maybe one of the others mentioned in this string). Problem. Still working on getting a laminator!! My Roland is a 30 inch. Is it possible to use the big squeegee to cold laminate for this. Was thinking of doing the image in a sections??? Does this sound do-able???

sub it out.
Unless the image won't show the joins you will be doing the 6ft in 3 strips...and I would hate to match up a 30ft length in an image that will be viewed close up.

sorry for answering this :thread

FatCat

sub it out.
Unless the image won't show the joins you will be doing the 6ft in 3 strips...and I would hate to match up a 30ft length in an image that will be viewed close up.

sorry for answering this :thread

I would NOT tile this horizontally. 30' is too much to handle for most people and I would hate to try to battle stretch and alignment on a piece that long. Especially if there are a lot of elements in the design that require tight alignment. (You're just asking for headaches.) You need to panel this vertically like doing a box truck wrap.

*Sent you a PM.

signswi

I would NOT tile this horizontally. 30' is too much to handle for most people and I would hate to try to battle stretch and alignment on a piece that long. Especially if there are a lot of elements in the design that require tight alignment. (You're just asking for headaches.) You need to panel this vertically like doing a box truck wrap.

This man is correct, vertical seams are the way to go. Oracal 3651 + 210 overlam or Phototex. We've never had issues with 210 lam. We've also done 3951 + 290 overlam but that was for a nightclub environment.

All that said, try out BigFish's lam if 210 is causing you grief.

2B

Standard sizes and prices are
38"x150' $71.25
51"x150' $95.62
54"x150' $101.25
61"x150' $114.37

I can cut anything to size for a flat $10

BigfishDM, when you get a chance need to find out the different products you offer & how S/H works

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
BigfishDM, when you get a chance need to find out the different products you offer & how S/H works

Shoot me a PM with your email and its real simple to order with me and I can share my other goodies with you.