• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Recommended bit for alumacor?

RoCo

Our Zund slices easily through the aluminum but leaves a bit of a jagged mess with the corrugated plastic flutes in between. Any suggestions on a bit that would give us a clean edge on both materials?

Keith Jenicek

I try to use other substrates like PVC.
Never had any luck with corrugated plastic on the router.
All hand cut here for custom coro jobs. But most of those jobs go to Fast Signs or Sign-A-Rama.

nwsigns

straight bits with a climb cut work well on corrugated but I doubt it would work very well with a laminate. I would also suggest going with a solid core composite.

johnnysigns

You have to cut coro blazingly fast in order to keep the 'tits' from hanging on. We use a double fluted upcut bit, but I don't think the aluminum will like the feed rates and/or that bit at that speed.

French guy

Hi

I use to use end mills 1/8 with 1/4 shaft, to fragile and vibrating
i use to use endmills 1/4 with 1/4 shaft, to intrusive

Best solution for us 3/16 endmills up cut with 1/4 shaft and you can use it for a lot of thing because it can cut up to 7/8 thinkness, super with 3/4 pvc as well

Make sure you slow your plundge rate because especiali with the 1/4 alupanul it can be hard to drill trought

Fg