• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Recommended paper for solvent printer?

Colin

I've had my Roland SP540i for nearly a year now, and while I've had very little call for any prints on paper, I think I might like to have some on hand anyways (for posters and what-not).

What kind/brand/weight of paper do you recommend for an eco-solvent printer?

Sticky Signs

AGS carries rite media photo matt. Very nice photo paper that prints great but it is pretty thick.
Proveer has magic inkjet postermax. Also prints great but you might need to slow the printer down to dry any areas with heavy ink coverage.

FatCat

I've had very good results with Sihl trisolv paper - I think it's the 3686 I've been using. Grimco carries it here. Has a very nice satin finish, not glossy, not matte. It nearly looks like a photo off my Mutoh.

LarryB

I just print on regular Oracal 3640 decal and call it a poster. So much easier and faster than messing with profiles trying to get paper to print decent without any blocking.

300mphGraphics

I just print on regular Oracal 3640 decal and call it a poster. So much easier and faster than messing with profiles trying to get paper to print decent without any blocking.
This is exactly what I'm doing. Cheaper than the Intellicoat solvent based photo paper I was using.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
These all work great for Solvent Poster Papers that I sell:

SIHL #3196 10mil Satin Wetstrength Poster Paper (54" x 200ft) 3" core 170.00 0.19
SIHL #3196 10mil Satin Wetstrength Poster Paper (60" x 200ft) 3" core 189.00 0.19
SIHL #3686 9mil Low Gloss Premium Poster Paper (54" x 165ft) 3" core, FSC 125.00 0.17
SIHL #3686 9mil Low Gloss Premium Poster Paper (63" x 165ft) 3" core, FSC 146.00 0.17
SIHL #3686 9mil Low Gloss Premium Poster Paper (63" x 656ft) 6" core, FSC 493.00 0.14
SIHL #3689 6mil Satin Poster Paper for Latex/UV/Sol (54" x 200ft) 3" core, FSC 113.00 0.12
SIHL #3689 6mil Satin Poster Paper for Latex/UV/Sol (63" x 200ft) 3" core, FSC 131.00 0.12

jfiscus

Rap Master
We have both the Sihl TriSolv & Postermax & both work great. The postermax we have is more Matte & the Sihl is Satin; I print both using the default media profile for economy vinyl. Postermax can take a while to dry though, so be careful handling it right out of the machine.

CanuckSigns

I second the Rite media paper for All Graphics, It's awesome! Nice and thick, we have had many customers comment that it is much nicer than other print shops paper.

Colin

Thanks for the replies; I'll see if any local supplier carries the Rite or Sihl.

I called one local supplier and they carry this. Any experience with it?

Suz

Hey Josh, I'd like to try a roll of this:
SIHL #3689 6mil Satin Poster Paper for Latex/UV/Sol (54" x 200ft) 3" core, FSC 113.00 0.12
I'll call you tomorrow.
Thanks!
Sue