• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

recovering deleted files

unclebun

Depends how you "deleted" it. If you did it in File Explorer, then it's probably in your recycle bin and can be put back from there. If you uninstalled it, you'd have to reinstall it.

gabagoo

it's a file from program manager...in fact everything I have printed since Friday has suddenly disapeared as far as cut file goes

gabagoo

no these are files in program manager...when deleted they do not go to the recycle bin...they are just gone... I was considering a system restore but I would have to hit the right day...I can accept they are gone POOF!

netsol

Is there any way to recover a deleted program manager file if deleted accidentley?

there are many programs for this, the aptly named "recover my files" has always been a reliable standby.

the fact tht you lost EVERYTHING SINCE FRIDAY is a little disturbing

netsol

recovermyfiles.com

perhaps it's time for a backup drive, or a crashplan subscription ($10./mo) before it becomes a really sad story

netsol

thanks, Tex

after i replied, i wasn't sure what he meant by program manager, either
i assumed he mis-spoke

so, what exactly s the problem

i can't find my recently. created and printed (but perhaps not SAVED filed?

i have missing windows support files & am getting errors (perhaps referencing program manager)

my program has changed it's default save location and i can't figure out where (perhaps to a nonexistent location, causing all sorts of problems)

it sounds like you are running windows 10. but system restore is not meant to bring back lost saved documents. if you have an instance of a file (not the current or desired version) you can sometimes tight click and revert the file to te version you want. (or so they claim)

netsol

gabagoo

if we are chasing lost graphics files/documents & if this is causing a REAL problem, there are more involved programs/procedures to bring them back, but the more you do before pursuing recovery the more you will lose

either texas signmaker or i can probably steer you through the processes,but if you are working, using the pc, every file you create overwrites SOMETHING & makes recovery of something impossible

gabagoo

gabagoo

if we are chasing lost graphics files/documents & if this is causing a REAL problem, there are more involved programs/procedures to bring them back, but the more you do before pursuing recovery the more you will lose

either texas signmaker or i can probably steer you through the processes,but if you are working, using the pc, every file you create overwrites SOMETHING & makes recovery of something impossible
It's a Flexi issue.... I have no idea how not only the production manager cut files for my Summa were deleted, but also the print files in prod manager as well. That is something that I would have had to do knowingly. Once I saw the cut files missing I thought...no problem, the print files should still be in there and figure I could resend them out, but they were missing as well. It is very strange and I have no idea how it happened and I am the only one who uses the comp. I am hoping if I reopen the saved graphic files and replicate how they were printed that the cut file will work from that.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I dont know how to bring them back. Mine get deleted once they are done. Can you not just resend it from your saved .FS file? I make separate print and cut files and save them as JPG and EPS and then save the working FS file.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
It's a Flexi issue.... I have no idea how not only the production manager cut files for my Summa were deleted, but also the print files in prod manager as well. That is something that I would have had to do knowingly. Once I saw the cut files missing I thought...no problem, the print files should still be in there and figure I could resend them out, but they were missing as well. It is very strange and I have no idea how it happened and I am the only one who uses the comp. I am hoping if I reopen the saved graphic files and replicate how they were printed that the cut file will work from that.
I don't use Flexi to cut the contours but I do use it to do the rip and print. When your files are gone from the Hold or Achive lists in the PM the original work files should be still on the PC. Mine are AI eps & pdf files. Cut paths are on a separate layer in AI.
You should be able to look up basic info on everything you've printed using the 'View Log' option in the PM. or search for the Riplog.html. It will be there unless you cleared it.
You can see the profiles you used to run the job along with a bunch of other stuff. Using that info you should be able to re-rip and set up your cut paths without having to start from scratch.

gabagoo

I dont know how to bring them back. Mine get deleted once they are done. Can you not just resend it from your saved .FS file? I make separate print and cut files and save them as JPG and EPS and then save the working FS file.
Yes this is what I did. I reopened the main file and sent them out the same way and so far 2 of the files have cut ok. I guess the file when saved somehow also saves the spacing you set between each print..Not always though. I have one more of 500 decals to send...hopefully the spacing is correct...

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Yes this is what I did. I reopened the main file and sent them out the same way and so far 2 of the files have cut ok. I guess the file when saved somehow also saves the spacing you set between each print..Not always though. I have one more of 500 decals to send...hopefully the spacing is correct...

Yea most of the time it remembers that info the main file but not always.

IsItFasst

I have seen this too since switching to 19. Print the file, go to put back in the machine after laminating the next day and the cut file is lost. Flexi is too unstable to keep the software open for a day without restarting so sometimes there is no workaround. But on simple files or where I know the amount and spacing I need I will "reprint" but I will "hold in list" for send mode in PM and then just use the cut part in the list. Not 100% perfect but if you've already got it printed and laminated it's worth a shot.

Joseph44708

I Drink And I Know Things
When power surges happen and the job does not finish printing or the media runs out before the job is done printing. I make contour cut only files.
After sending jobs to print always save changes to that job. When you reopen that job flexi will have the same format that you used (sizing, spacing, quantity) just make a contour cut only job from there.
After you send that job to cut, change the drop down box back or the next time you go to print that job it will not print but put that file in cutting cue.

netsol

ok, i get it now. a whole different question than i hought
we are still using flexi 12 (and spending a couple months setting up the new shop)

so, it seems the issue is to identify the working folder in flexi19 where temp and cut files are created & copy them, AFTER CUTTING COMPLETES, but before they disappear

Conventional copying can not occur until the file is no longer in use.
the issue is to either pause what flexi is doing,at the right stage, add a copy command (archive process?) or perhaps use some flavor of Volume Shadow Copy Service to copy while in use

perhaps someone actually using flexi 19 can open a ticket with SAI (i know their support is not what it once was) and see if they have a solution.