• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

recovering deleted files

gabagoo

I have seen this too since switching to 19. Print the file, go to put back in the machine after laminating the next day and the cut file is lost. Flexi is too unstable to keep the software open for a day without restarting so sometimes there is no workaround. But on simple files or where I know the amount and spacing I need I will "reprint" but I will "hold in list" for send mode in PM and then just use the cut part in the list. Not 100% perfect but if you've already got it printed and laminated it's worth a shot.
Yes I do this too, when something goes wrong, most times it works

gabagoo

ok, i get it now. a whole different question than i hought
we are still using flexi 12 (and spending a couple months setting up the new shop)

so, it seems the issue is to identify the working folder in flexi19 where temp and cut files are created & copy them, AFTER CUTTING COMPLETES, but before they disappear

Conventional copying can not occur until the file is no longer in use.
the issue is to either pause what flexi is doing,at the right stage, add a copy command (archive process?) or perhaps use some flavor of Volume Shadow Copy Service to copy while in use

perhaps someone actually using flexi 19 can open a ticket with SAI (i know their support is not what it once was) and see if they have a solution.
I called them about this and as usual the response was this was the first time they have heard of this...... No satisfaction for me and just got off the call.

Joseph44708

I Drink And I Know Things
If your cut files are deleting after sent to cutter you need to go to Production Manager. Click on setup at top left of screen then Setup Properties.
When Setup Properties open click on the drop down box and select HOLD then Apply then OK.
This will keep your cut file from deleting itself.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Make sure you have "HOLD after output" selected if you want them to remain in PM.

netsol

i wonder if there is sn option in flexi, after RIP to retain the converted "temp" file. for a future recut or reprint?

perhaps flexi 12 and flexi 19 start with a different set of assumptions about how we work?

gabagoo

If your cut files are deleting after sent to cutter you need to go to Production Manager. Click on setup at top left of screen then Setup Properties.
When Setup Properties open click on the drop down box and select HOLD then Apply then OK.
This will keep your cut file from deleting itself.
always have it set that way

karst41

Heyy wait a minute

If these are the files in the ProductionManager? Yes?
Then whats the big deal? What is important is the File itself.
and how you have set the file for Print Values, Contour Cuts, Spot Cuts, etc.

Yes it is nice to hold them in the queue, but a lot of times I set the queue to delete at completion.

Typically my day could be printing, laminating and contour cutting some graphics that are like 52" wide and 7' tall with reverses.

Then I might be making decals for building doors with all of the same functions.

If the PM has or has not accidentally cleared out the queue, then I just open the file and hit the RIP function.
The PM Launches and all of your presets are automatically reloaded because you Always "Save" before ripping and you always "Save before you close the file.

The Only thing I have to worry about with the PM is if I am using Color Correction or Not. For what ever reason FS 19 requires this to be a
manual function.
Lets look at PMS 286 aka Sapphire Blue. With Color correction it prints that color and looks like mud.
Turn off color correction and print 100/85/0/0 and Bingo look at the Pantone formula guide. Its a big beautiful vibrant 286 or Sapphire blue or close enough and beautiful enough that you wont hear a complaint.

Other files for long runs require color correction.

All my files are plainly marked on the drawing board for Color Correction or No color correction and any not typical print settings.

That is probably the reason I delete the queue.

I try to keep things idiot proof.
Y'all know what IJ 180C cost, and oh how quick can you lose $300 or more.

Hope this helps