• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

red line/border

Jaime IL

I recently noticed my prints have a red faded line border around the objects. I have a Mutoh Valuejet 1324/1204 and use Flexi 10. I tried different icc profiles, a few good cleanings, heat settings but am at a loss why they are still appearing. Also, when I print a large amount of orange there are red blotches throughout the color. Any ideas?

MikePro

any artifacts around hard-lines, is usually result of either printhead misalignment or bidirectinal alignment. ..which may also explain color inconsistency.

MikePro

printhead alignment wouldn't be an issue, in your case, as the mutoh 1204 has a single printhead for all of the color channels. however, bidirectional alignment isn't out of the question....and you wouldn't be the first person with this issue print a sample image in uni-directional to confirm, if the "magenta line" disappears then refer to your service manual to align your bidirectional.

Jaime IL

I ran prints in uni & bi directional and both have the red line on top border of everything. I have tried all sorts of different ICC profiles, deep cleaning, and like I said before we have a new printhead/maintenance station/wiper. I'm at a loss :(