Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

red line/border

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by Jaime IL, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Jaime IL

Jaime IL New Member

Feb 15, 2019
    Manteno
    I recently noticed my prints have a red faded line border around the objects. I have a Mutoh Valuejet 1324/1204 and use Flexi 10. I tried different icc profiles, a few good cleanings, heat settings but am at a loss why they are still appearing. Also, when I print a large amount of orange there are red blotches throughout the color. Any ideas?

Tags:
  2. MikePro

MikePro Major Contributor

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    any artifacts around hard-lines, is usually result of either printhead misalignment or bidirectinal alignment. ..which may also explain color inconsistency.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jaime IL

Jaime IL New Member

Feb 15, 2019
    Manteno
    How do I realign the printhead or fix the bidirectional alignment?

4. MikePro

MikePro Major Contributor

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    printhead alignment wouldn't be an issue, in your case, as the mutoh 1204 has a single printhead for all of the color channels. however, bidirectional alignment isn't out of the question....and you wouldn't be the first person with this issue print a sample image in uni-directional to confirm, if the "magenta line" disappears then refer to your service manual to align your bidirectional.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jaime IL

Jaime IL New Member

Feb 15, 2019
    Manteno
    I ran prints in uni & bi directional and both have the red line on top border of everything. I have tried all sorts of different ICC profiles, deep cleaning, and like I said before we have a new printhead/maintenance station/wiper. I'm at a loss :(