Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Red on exactly the same colour red

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Fatboy, May 22, 2012.

1. Fatboy

Fatboy Very Active Member

I have this customer that gives me lots of business.Anyway yesterday they ask me to brand two new vehicles for them.The one vehicle is red.They want me to put their name in red directly onto the car....exactly they same red....I mean ......you cant even see the vinyl! So I took initiative:banghead: and put the word TOYOTA in white.They phoned me today and asked me to change it to red!

Tags:
  2. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Soooo, what's your point ?? You didn't follow their instructions and you want help ?? :doh:

3. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    white outline maybe?

4. Patentagosse

Patentagosse Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Joliette, Quebec (Canada)
    I had a customer like that but finally suggested 'em to go matte on glossy for the subtil side of it. They agreed and everyone were happy. Sometimes we have to close our eyes and do the job as it's requested, even against logical. When it's small letters, you can offer 'em the domed option which will turn the letters 3D-like. If you don't do it, there's always places that could sub it for you...

5. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Try it in a clear film that would have a difference in the finish like a matte clear against the gloss paint. Or go with a faint halftone to create a ghost image. I saw a wall painting of some black text years ago that used gloss black for the letters and flat black for the shadow. The lack of contrast drew the eye in and then you'd focus on the gloss. It worked surprisingly well.

6. Fatboy

Tried to do that for them,they refused.

7. Fatboy

Good idea Thanks

8. Techman

Techman Major Contributor

Jun 24, 2003
    michigan
    give it to them.. get the check.. move on..

9. Fatboy

Thank you Fred.Will try tomorrow and post some pics.

10. Fatboy

Drinking at work Gino?

11. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    We've done a black car with reflective black graphics. During the day is looks awesome and at night, it's just a whore. :loveya:

12. Fatboy

:goodpost:

13. Marlene

Marlene Major Contributor

Jun 8, 2004
    Vermont
    there's no cure for stupid so just put in your quote that customer responsible for color choice and was advised not to apply red to a red truck and then go for it. he will be back for white later and at least you tried to save him from doing something dumb

14. Fatboy

Thank you Marlene.