• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Refacing old Chevron sign...Help

jwmedia

I have a customer who owns a gas station and he changed from chevron to shell. He also owns a furniture business and he wants to use the old chevron sign cabinet for the furniture shop (and these are older signs).

It has a 65.25" x 74" pan face (1.5" depth) but it doesn't have flanges. There are no retainers for a flange and a flange would mess up how these actually mount to the cabinet.

Now, I call this a pan face but it doesn't have the signature angled raise. This, instead is flat and then curves down to a 90 degree angle.

My questions:
1.) Has anyone refaced these before?
2.) Is it possible to get pan faces like described above (no flange or angled raise)?
3.) Just any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED....THANKS!

OldPaint

I'm not real sure if they are painted or not. They are blue on the front and back...why?
boy you sure dont want to give us to much information do you??????
PICTURES.................WOULD HELP. your grasp of words, to explain what you want is sorely lacking content.
you been in the sign business HOW LONG?
and your in over your head, gee...........

jwmedia

I am NOT in over my head Old Paint. I was simply asking a question in the hopes someone would know what I am talking about. This place is really getting on my nerves. I've looked at threads and threads and all there is is bullsh** self-proclaimed professionals NOT giving anything but a smart-a$$ attitude.

I haven't been in the sign business too long...but you have to start somewhere, right? Sorry I wasn't around in the 60's to start then....

klemgraphics

All we're asking for is a pic or 2 to see what it looks like and how it works...pretty basic concept really just takes a little more time. There are a lot of different construction methods used in signmaking and a description isn't always enough.

OldPaint

I am NOT in over my head Old Paint. I was simply asking a question in the hopes someone would know what I am talking about. This place is really getting on my nerves. I've looked at threads and threads and all there is is bullsh** self-proclaimed professionals NOT giving anything but a smart-a$$ attitude.

I haven't been in the sign business too long...but you have to start somewhere, right? Sorry I wasn't around in the 60's to start then....
see, your so smart, why bother askin us? YOU DONT EXPLAIN WHAT THE HELL YOU HAVE, but you cop a TUDE...........like we are pickin on you???????????
you wouldnt have survived the 60's)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
YOU NEED To TAKE SOME PICS........get a better grasp of what your asking for.....THEN AND ONLY THEN CAN WE bullsh** self-proclaimed professionals maybe.......DIRECT YOU FROM A DISASTER your creating!!!!
and if can look up the definition of RESPECT............ which you have none of.

jwmedia

All we're asking for is a pic or 2 to see what it looks like and how it works...pretty basic concept really just takes a little more time. There are a lot of different construction methods used in signmaking and a description isn't always enough.

I wasn't talking about you. You did ask about pictures with no excess baggage...Old Paint, on the other hand, included an insult or two and I'm not about that. Thanks for the offer of help...I'll try to get some pics up soon.

John Butto

63 this month

If it was the sixties you would get your ass kicked for talking like you did, everyone back then went to the school of HardKnocks.

jwmedia

see, your so smart, why bother askin us? YOU DONT EXPLAIN WHAT THE HELL YOU HAVE, but you cop a TUDE...........like we are pickin on you???????????
you wouldnt have survived the 60's)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
YOU NEED To TAKE SOME PICS........get a better grasp of what your asking for.....THEN AND ONLY THEN CAN WE bullsh** self-proclaimed professionals maybe.......DIRECT YOU FROM A DISASTER your creating!!!!
and if can look up the definition of RESPECT............ which you have none of.

I DID EXPLAIN WHAT THE HELL I HAVE...Maybe not well enough, but I did...you see, this forum is titled NEWBIE...What the FU** did you expect to see? And you act like I'm stupid...lol Oh, and cop a "tude"??? are you serious? lol

jiarby

This place is really getting on my nerves. I've looked at threads and threads and all there is is bullsh** self-proclaimed professionals NOT giving anything but a smart-a$$ attitude.

The OP forgets who asked who for advice.

Take some prozac and then take the dang picture so we can see what the heck you are talking about.

There are alot of smart people here and you would be wise to ignore all the troll baiting and give them the information they need to help you solve your problem.

BTW... if you HAVE to be an a$$ it is always better to be a smart one than a dumb one.

jwmedia

The OP forgets who asked who for advice.

Take some prozac and then take the dang picture so we can see what the heck you are talking about.

There are alot of smart people here and you would be wise to give them the information they need to help you solve your problem.

I don't need prozac. It's comments like "You've been in the sign business how long...and you're in over your head...gee" that doesn't help anything. I agree with you and I will add pictures. But wouldn't "Do you have pics?" or something like that serve the same exact purpose without all the negative insults???

THANKS TO YOU WHO REALLY WANT TO HELP WITHOUT ALL THE NEGATIVE COMMENTS AND DEMEANING TONE. I REALLY APPRECIATE IT AND WILL TRY TO ADD PICTURES SOON.

OldPaint

and you peg me and others here as "stupid".....for not understanding what the hell your asking for???????????????????? send em to school they eat the books hahahahahahaha

jwmedia

If it was the sixties you would get your ass kicked for talking like you did, everyone back then went to the school of HardKnocks.

No, you see, I wouldn't have had my ass kicked...I think if you look at the stats my generation is MUCH more violent than yours...which means we kick more ass...lol

Mosh

+1 tell the customer to go to a sign shop.

I re-faced signs like this. I retrofitted for a flexface. Lots cheaper than a rigid face.

Half of his posts are in the one thread...