• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Reflective sheet printing

sethkyejo

Tonyrich Arts
I need help. I have been trying to print out reflective sheets and the print head keeps getting in contact with sheet. The problem is the sheet tends to form these long bubbles. I cant bypass this. Please help. Thank you.

Attachments

• 15950072135457110215798754814065.jpg
    15950072135457110215798754814065.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 285

Joe House

There's not much info to work with here. Can you give more specifics? What material is it? How old is it? Is it designed to work with your printer? What printer do you have?

Zendavor Signs

Mmmmm....signs
I need help. I have been trying to print out reflective sheets and the print head keeps getting in contact with sheet. The problem is the sheet tends to form these long bubbles. I cant bypass this. Please help. Thank you.
Reflective can be a really rigid vinyl to print on. Most of the time we print to clear vinyl and mount on top.

letterman7

Cheap reflective or your heat is too high. Try rolling out as much reflective as you think you need, keep it flat and see if it starts to tunnel. If it doesn't, then your heat is too high on the machine. If it does... get a better quality vinyl.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Might be new in your shop, but that looks like old stock. Consider your source and change distributors. We print on reflective quite a bit and rarely have that problem. Only if it's old do we see that.

sethkyejo

Tonyrich Arts
Might be new in your shop, but that looks like old stock. Consider your source and change distributors. We print on reflective quite a bit and rarely have that problem. Only if it's old do we see that.
Thanks. Do have the details of the sheet you are using.

petepaz

try re-laminating the sheets to the release liner. that should help with the bubbles. also you may have to raise the head on your machine so you don't get the head strikes. also could be a temp issue with the printer, maybe too hot and causing the material to bubble up. try some different settings