• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Reflective sign options

firesprint

www.firesprint.com a merchant member here has a reflective overlay option on coro that only adds $6 on an 18x24 double sided, $5 single sided. You don't have to add to your full run as well which sounds like it lines up with your goal.

Tom Dalton

I am thinking that there are at least 4 options
1-buy white reflective sign blank, apply black and red reflective vinyl.
2-buy white reflective sign blank, apply red transparent vinyl and opaque black vinyl.
3-buy regular white sign blank and apply apply black and red reflective vinyl.
4-buy regular white or mill finish sign blank, print red and black on white reflective

1st, one person said they use a flatbed inkjet. Be carefull doing this with a UV printer as the UV light can reflect back up into the heads and cause issues. Without the right equipment, I'd go with option #1 or #2. I'd use opaque black vinyl as it will show up good on the white reflective background. Black reflective is expensive and won't help with visibility when on a reflective white background.

Your graphic doesn't require printing (no half tones or tiny letters), so it can be cut. You can cut the red out of red reflective or there was a red transparent at one time (similar to Rubylith) and it was used as an overlay to tint white reflective. The best printer for this (if printing on white reflective) is a thermal printer with a transparent foil. It is the best in terms of making the white look like reflective red vinyl. If you're printing a bunch of these, then screen printing with transparent inks would be the way to go.

Tom
SignsDirect.com

SignSpark

I am having a similar challenge. I have a realtor who wants 2' x 3' double sided MDO Real Estate signs. We've done them in the past, when money was no object, but things have uh...changed :) I can't do them very inexpensively, so I am trying to source a company where I can order the printed 2' x 3' reflective graphics so I can just apply them on to wood. I am coming up short on a supplier. Cheapest I've found is $8/sqft wholesale. Does anyone have any leads? I wouldn't put so much time into it, but I have known this realtor for a long time through community organizations. I just can't help how expensive reflective vinyl is.

[Edit to add; He will not budge on the wood. Trust me, I've tried ;)]

Thanks in advance!

jen.reelez

I wouldn't offer the customer as many options as you've listed.
I'd offer them either red & black reflective on a plain white blank, or a reflective print applied to a blank.
(that could be the entire thing being reflective (overkill) or just the lettering)
I think a reflective real estate sign is not needed.
I'd also offer a plain version for comparison.
Love....Jill

:goodpost:They will not be confused with lesser choices.
Also, it's good to come up with something that looks neat and nice.

visual800

this sign will not be readable anyway till you get up on it, waste of money if you ask me, let us know if the realtor pays for this I would be shocked to find out yes