Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reflective Vinyl

Discussion in 'Vehicle Wraps' started by NHuckaby, Jun 27, 2012.

1. NHuckaby

NHuckaby Member

Apr 12, 2012
    Bryan Texas
    Has anyone used printable reflective vinyl before?. i have a ambulance coming by to get a quote and i was wondering if anyone has used the controltac one. if so was it reflective even if its printed and was it easy to use?
    Thanks

Tags:
  2. SightLine

SightLine Very Active Member

3M 680 Prints and installs great and is still just as reflective once printed. You are going to pay dearly for it though......

We do literally many dozens of ambulances, police cars, and fire trucks each year. I just got 3 full rolls of the reflective we use (have a job for 11 ambualnces and 8 police cars right now) in which is about a quarter the cost of the 3M 680. Prints great but none of the others are as easy to install as the 3M. We use Nikkalite M8512 - actually short of 3M 680 it is hands down the best one I have found yet.

3. amw

amw Member

Printed refective works great! We have only used Oracals.

Marsha

4. jayhawksigns

jayhawksigns Very Active Member

Jan 8, 2005
    Kansas
    Used Oracal and 3M both, depends on the cost you want to get on the job.

As a note, BigFish has a great deal on reflective right now.

5. SignProPlus-Chip

SignProPlus-Chip Premium Subscriber

Feb 19, 2012
    Bluffton, SC
    I may be mistaken but I vaguely remember that we printed directly on nikkalite before.

6. petepaz

petepaz Major Contributor

Feb 14, 2007
    NJ/NY/PA
    we have printed on nikkalite, 3M and oracal all work fine but depending onthe are you have to cover you might want to try a reflective with an air release. you can't lift and move the relfective. you have to be real careful it rips easy.
    i have done some stuff for our local fire dept and had to run back to the shop once because i ripped a stripe...sucked

7. BigfishDM

BigfishDM Merchant Member

Jun 22, 2009
    All Over