• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

reformatting XP machiner, running Omega 3.0... might need some setup help for edge2

iSign

it's been so long since I had to set up the software to recognize my devices on their respective ports... and I'm no wizard at that sort of thing... so I just thought I should go see what port names are selected for the devices currently.
There is only one parallel port, and two serial ports..

Basically, anything I could learn before reformatting, that I will need to know, or figure out to get things running again, is what I want to try to prepare myself for.

Once I have time, I'm planning to post an ad here before ebay, and planning to try to offer some additional incentives that might make my equipment rise above other similar offerings (if there are any running at the same time,... in the next week or two, I hope) ...offerings such as some clip art collections i no longer use... and possibly my entire collection of every Signcraft from issue one, to current..

If you are wondering at this point, I am still in business... but after doubling the size of my shop when I took the plunge into CNC ownership (in 2008 :banghead: ) I've been in downsize mode for the last year, and as of the first of this month, another increment of sacrifice of commercial space has occurred, so I want to cast off excess baggage, in hopes of staying afloat, or possibly considering more dramatic changes, but with the hope it could always be on my terms, if i make enough sacrifices, soon enough... but i digress...

anyone care to share any insights as to locating where my setup choices for the way things are, so I will be better prepared to choose correctly when attempting to reconfigure everything such that it works?

visual800

First off downsizing and getting rid of excess baggage is a step forward, not back. We are all having to cut something to stay in the game (I would assume all, Im certainly having to do it.

After reformatting the most imporatant thing to do is cut those damn windows updates OFF. When you plug into the ports the comp should recognize which port. Windows Xp was awesome and friendly. if not go into device manager and see whats plugged into what.

What all are you selling? email me that list visual800@gmail.com

GB2

Old Member
Hi Doug! I certainly was wondering what's up with you these days...as far as setting up your PC for Gerber, the parallel port must be an ECP port in order for the Edge to work properly. If you have trouble and need help you can give me a call for moral support if you'd like.