• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rejected again....

ucmj22

I can't get people to agree to take my designs! Constant rejection. It's like asking a girl to the prom and she says "sorry, but I'm going with Ralph, you know the guy in the special Ed. classes that eats his earwax..." so here are some designs for an italian restaurant. I made 2 and the owners (of the restaurant) fiance made the other. I'll let you guess which one the I have to put up. I'm definitely doing it in an unmarked truck.

ucmj22

ralph from special ed does! Oh I forgot to mention I haven't even gotten approval to call it "italian steak house". on the original it was "italian food & steak." And in case you're wondering, yes those are super small raster roses that they want me to blow up.

petesign

Hmm, now I want steak. Maybe I should have paid more attention to the eating earwax part of this post.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Sometimes it's good to have the customers come in & work with them while they're there on their design, to tweak it or combine the two ideas (yours & theirs) into one final piece that everyone is happy with. I'm guessing they said yours is too dark (since theirs is white) and maybe with dark letters on the dark background it's a bit harder to read to them?

For the roses; the internet is your friend: http://www.vecteezy.com/Flowers/14985-Rose

For the leaves / vines they all look like the same image, so draw them in vector & get the job done and paid for. Not everything you produce has to be your grand masterpiece, doesn't this job pay the same either way?

GypsyGraphics

i wouldn't have joined in the reindeer games
until the name was decided and i was the only reindeer working on the design.

his fiance's nose glows bight, she'll be leading his way on this

i'm guessing they haven't paid you a design deposit
if you collected a deposit and they chose their own design... keep their deposit, make their sign and install it when all the who's in whoville are fast asleep.

skyhigh

My first thought......

I'm only going to assume your sign dosen't come with any of the "Perks" that his fiance is giving him? LOL

Jillbeans

I think all of them need some serious help, honestly.
I like the script one best without the huge tacky Italian thing.
It has contrast issues, though.
But all of em are crowding the margins of that nasty shape.
:)
I'd post a suggestion but we are going to go offline soon.
Love.....Jill

SignManiac

I was going to say the same thing that Jill said......All are quite a way off.

And what is with the chosen panel? Is that an absolute requirement?

ucmj22

it always starts with some nice negative space. then the requests keep coming, " can we make this bigger... I think this is too small...etc. I always end up hoping that the frame wont cover anything up. she spent 45 min here yesterday and I couldnt get her away from her clip art vines and tiny raster roses. I think its this area. everyone fancies themselves a designer. I cant tell you how many times I hear "No wasted Space!" basically what they mean is "Make the text so big it falls off the page, and put a picture in the background so I dont see any white."

"Deposit Please"

That two apples mirrored > overlapped > welded shape wouldn't even work for a street corner fruit stand in a 3rd world country. Best to ask client what they don't like about it & make necessary changes. Unless client likes his fiancee's design, collect rest, wrap up the job & move on. I see a design battle brewing between you & your clients fiancee.:popcorn:

ucmj22

no, battle is over. she won, I just have to find a way to put this sign up without anyone knowing we did it.

Border

i wouldn't have joined in the reindeer games
until the name was decided and i was the only reindeer working on the design.

His fiance's nose glows bight, she'll be leading his way on this

i'm guessing they haven't paid you a design deposit
if you collected a deposit and they chose their own design... Keep their deposit, make their sign and install it when all the who's in whoville are fast asleep.

lol...!!!!!