• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Release of the Gerber Solara ionV Inkjet Printer

PSG

January 8th, 2009

Gerber Scientific Products Inc. has announced their latest offering in the wide-format UV inkjet printer marketplace—the Gerber Solara ionV. The Gerber Solara ionV offers most of the benefits of the Gerber Solara ionX in a significantly more affordable package. Capitalizing on the success of Gerber's innovative UV inkjet printing technology that utilizes GerberCAT cationic UV inks and Gerber's patent-pending Cold Fire Cure process, the Gerber Solara ionV also offers a price point that allows almost any size print shop to take advantage of its versatility and superior performance.

"Like the Gerber Solara ionX, the Gerber Solara ionV is built on a robust flatbed platform that provides the best possible foundation for printing rigid materials," explained Curt Brey, executive director of digital solutions for GSP. Material up to one inch (25.4mm) thick, 100 inches (2.5m) in length and 64 inches (1.6m) wide is mounted on a vacuum table which provides the ultimate in stability, while a gantry moves the print heads over the substrate during printing. The result is precision printing on a wide variety of rigid and flexible materials.

Similar to the Gerber Solara ionX, the Gerber Solara ionV can print virtually any rigid and flexible media on its precision flatbed, up to 100 inches (2.5m) in length and with perfect double-sided printing capability. What differentiates the Gerber Solara ionV is instead of eight print heads it includes a single CMYK four-head set and does not include a roll-to-roll printing system.

"We are excited about the Gerber Solara ionV‘s price point, as well as the value contribution it will offer the sign making and specialty graphics printing industry," said Curt Brey. "At as much as 30 percent less than the ionX you simply won't find a better built, feature-rich wide-format printer in this price range than the Gerber Solara ionV. It is an excellent choice for most wide-format printing applications."

Not only is the Gerber Solara Series exceptionally well designed, the printer features Gerber's patent-pending, Cold Fire Cure technology. This unique UV curing process uses low energy and low temperature to cure the proprietary GerberCAT inks. "Cold Fire Cure offers a vast array of benefits over any competitive curing process in the areas of material compatibility, cost of operation, and even environmental, health, and safety benefits," said Brey. "And GerberCAT ink greatly expands the range of materials that can be printed by the Gerber Solara Series. Heat sensitive plastic, vinyl, fabric, and paper-based materials can be printed using Gerber's Cold Fire Cure and GerberCAT inks without concern over ink adhesion or material damage."

"The combination of Cold Fire Cure and GerberCAT makes the Gerber Solara Series some of the most versatile printers in the world," explained Brey. "The versatility of Solara ion printers opens the door to a huge set of applications such as real estate signage, vehicle applications, backlit, traffic signage, exhibit display, directional, storefront, banners, and textiles all through one printing system."

"The Gerber Solara ionV makes the ion printing technology more affordable and therefore more widely available within the markets it serves." Gerber's proprietary printing technologies will allow the Gerber Solara ionV to make its way into many markets, such as sign making, digital graphics, screen printing, packaging, exhibit display and more.

"The Gerber Solara ionV is a terrific starter flatbed (direct-to-rigid) printer solution for almost any size print shop, and with Gerber's future upgrade programs, the Gerber Solara ionV offers the ability to grow in capacity and versatility with the sign makers business," said Brey.

Current owners of the Gerber Solara ionX have experienced tremendous cost savings through the transition to direct-to-rigid printing. Both of the Gerber Solara ion models eliminate the material and labor cost associated with printing, application and finishing processes. In some shops, the material costs can be so significant that the savings achieved with the Gerber Solara ion can equal a month of the printer's lease. In addition, labor costs are drastically reduced as a result of the direct-to-rigid printing process. A frequent comment from existing owners of the Gerber Solara ionX is that jobs that used to take four or more hours can now be completed in thirty minutes or less using their Solara ionX.

Even installation is easy. The Solara ion Series printers are assembled on site and often do not require expensive or disruptive site preparations. "Before assembly, the printer components will fit through a standard 36-inch (91.44cm) door opening," explained Brey. "There is no added expense to tear down walls just to install our inkjet printers, and unlike heavier printers, the Gerber Solara Series does not require a reinforced concrete floor. The quick assembly and lack of hidden installation costs are two real benefits for our customers even before they begin to use the printer," noted Brey. The Gerber Solara Series of printers is also backed by world-class service and support through a highly supportive distribution network and Gerber's service organization, including locally-based service engineers.

When combined with the M3000 Series Digital Cutting and Finishing Systems, GSP now offers a complete print-to-cut solution for its wide-format printers. The M3000 is the fourth generation of rugged finishing systems from Gerber Innovations which feature cutting, routing, and engraving and a variety of table sizes to meet specific customer requirements. The M3000 Series Digital Cutting and Finishing Systems are capable of cutting a wide array of flexible and rigid substrates, and are equipped with the MVision-Cut automatic laser registration system for accurate print-to-cut registration and precise results.

"With over 3,500 Gerber Innovations installations worldwide," said Brey, "the MSeries Digital Cutting and Finishing Systems continue a legacy of durability and reliability which we are proud to offer to our customers."

www.gspinc.com

This information provided courtesy
www.wide-formatimaging.com

ChiknNutz

Actually, I found it to be quite informative and welcomed the thread. If you have no desire to read about new technology, then ignore it. Joe, thanks for sharing about this, I've been interested in the Ion for a while now. However, if I were to get one, I think I'd push hard for the original since it offers both flatbed and roll2roll.

S

Sign-Man Signs

Thank goodness.

The posts were so interesting the first time around...

I'm with you. It bothers me that some members offer products in their profile without becoming a merchant member. Not really fair to Fred or this forum. There's always a way to get around not paying to advertise here. I think it's fair to say that we the members should help Fred police this type of action. If you have let's say over a 1000 post, how about contributing to the forum. Being a Phd and not a Contributing member shows you're either cheap or just trying to peddle something.

Craig Perry

cheap or peddle??.. form where i see it the OP is putting info out there and asking for comment.. and getting it!.. agree with GSX, the OG ION has roll to roll and twice as fast then its baby sister.. however the V may suit a particular market, thanks for the info OP..

GP

OK, so I responded to one (of the several) posts by the OP that actually shared some interesting content. I read the post the first time. I like technology.

I just find annoying that he bumped every one of his posts.

If someone wants to dig it up these informative nuggets under the individual forum headings, great.
Sorry for my comment. I generally don't meddle in this sort of thread conversation.

carry on-

GP

Craig Perry

ha.. i see what you mean, mr bump in action... I shoulda seen all the other 'bumped' posts.. changes my point of view..

PSG

OK, so I responded to one (of the several) posts by the OP that actually shared some interesting content. I read the post the first time. I like technology.

I just find annoying that he bumped every one of his posts.

If someone wants to dig it up these informative nuggets under the individual forum headings, great.
Sorry for my comment. I generally don't meddle in this sort of thread conversation.

carry on-

GP

Many people are not on over the weekend when the original posts were made. Therefore, it might be plausible that someone might want to read the posts without knowing they were posted. Sorry this upset your apple cart...

carry on-

petepaz

the ion may be more affordable or perhaps they are working out some special deal
but i saw the latest version at the ac show this year and i thought the quality sucked