• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Removable Wall Graphics - aka like Fathead

walkrite

I've tried many/all of the removable vinyls out there..When printing to the edge, none stay on the wall. I have not tried WallNoodle's product, and just came across this one: http://www.plastiprint.com/pressure.htm#WallGraphicVinyl #8 on the list.

Is there anything out there that actually works? We've been printing on Photo-Tex, but it has several shortcomings; Flat appearance, very expensive, in limited supply, and is hard to apply when the image is large.

Any new products that just came out that I should try?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

GK

even the fatheads are falling off walls. we have had people coming in asking if we have adhesives to reapply them.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Ive gotten the brand that Fathead uses...it SUCKS. General Formulations is the better brand, but it still curls some. Looking into that plastiprint now...I always had good results with the static clings from them.

walkrite

Spoke to Plastiprint today

Matt Meyer from Plastiprint was very nice, and is mailing me a 4mil and 6mil sample.

I'll be sure to test it and report back.

woolly

if i have shrinkage problems from heavy ink loads i leave with a unprinted border, for a couple of days before cutting, or trimming.

woolly

mountainmang

fellers is pretty emphatic about leaving an unprinted 1/2 in border. mac tac's noodle is supposed to be pretty good :thumb:

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
this may seem like a dumb question, but what kind of finish is on the wall? maybe it's not the vinyl but the paint....i have a customer (art gallery) that i cut vinyl lettering for....the first couple times they complained that the intermediate vinyl was peeling off the wall.. i gave them a rivot brush and instructions....they still had the same problem....after a couple rounds of troubleshooting, we figured out it was the paint they were using on the walls...

Jackpine

I tried a small sample of MacTac's noodle from Jack
Ripper. It printed well and has stayed where I put it. I have repositioned it a few times and ....no curling. I even film laminated a
print and it too had no negative results.

walkrite

Oracal 3621?

GMI and WallMark stuff ends up coming off painted drywall. The stuff works very well on glass, formica, and all very smooth walls.

I need to find something that I can ship to anyone, and put it on any normal wall, and not worry that it will peel off/curl.

Would Oracal 3621 work? I understand that it can't be RE-applied, but you gotta sacrifice something to make things stick. I haven't seen or handled the stuff yet. Anyone have input if 3621 would work for Fathead-type images? I'd like to print to the edge. Not interested in leaving a white border. I'd also prefer to print and cut right away. Waiting a day or two isn't convenient..We're looking at cranking out some good volume, and use Roland XC-540's...Printing and cutting right away is pretty much required.

Thx

Jackpine

I have used 3621 on walls with and without laminate with no curling. It is a removable vinyl up to 1 year for no adhesive residue left on the surface. It prints great and is all I use for low cost short term decals. It is great on race cars since the price is right. I get mine from Gregory's. I used Jar Head from Fellers but it was a bad batch with adhesive problems.....I returned it. GF has a lot of good products.

Dan Ripper

I've got Mactac Wall Noodle samples available free of charge for anyone interested.

The first batch of Wall Noodle had problems with the material coming off the backing during printing.

They have now solved this problem and have a new batch of samples available.

walkrite

I officially STILL haven't found anything..and have a new question

I've read that Fathead screen prints their images and does not print them.

Anyone know who may do that in the NY/NJ area? We print lots of images, but I'd like to have some screen printed when we get an order for a large amount of someone semi-famous.

I also read that the screen printing does not affect the tackiness of the adhesive the way printing does..

Finally: has anything else hit the market lately that works??? Photo-Tex is still the only thing that is sticking for me to painted sheet rock.

macw

Hi Walkrite. Did you get a chance to try out the plastiprint or the mactac? We're also trying to find a reposition-able vinyl for small decals for kids bedrooms (in Australia which makes it harder to get vinyls). Ideally we want to print full bleed and cut straight away. With the GMI (Catalina) I noticed they now make it in 8 and 10mil. Have you tried these? How would the Photo-tex go with print and cut of smaller decals (small as 1 inch). Cheers. I'd be interested in any info you find.