• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Removable wall stickers?

jigsaw

Hi all,
Can anybody tell me what material people are using to make removable stickers to go on painted walls, I have seen businesses selling fabric based print and cut stickers that can be removed over and over and will stick to almost any surface without damage?:thankyou:

I use Avery's MPI wall vinyl. I used to use General Formulations Wall Mark but had too many issues with the material during printing and with peeling after installation.

ironchef

Good to hear. I just got a small same of the gf stuff. Its strong tho. I stuck it on the wall. And peeled it a minute later. Took almost all the paint off, but it was easy to pull off.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
My personal favorite is the oracal 6mil wall vinyl. Its thicker than most others and makes it easier to handle. Takes heat and ink very well.

MikeD

PhotoTex. I think they may be a merchant member here. Solvent and Aqueous versions available. I have also run some of it through a Xerox Docucolor toner based printer with good results. For plotting, sharp 60' blades worked best for me.

animenick65

My personal favorite is the oracal 6mil wall vinyl. Its thicker than most others and makes it easier to handle. Takes heat and ink very well.

We've used this and had great results as well. I believe it's the 3268. Comes in large rolls and can be applied with hand pressure. Removes great.

Suz

We just bought a roll of Avey 2611, here is a product sheet:\
http://www.na.averygraphics.com/PDFs/PD_Sheets/PDS_HP_MPI_2611_Wall_Film.pdf

We are testing it to see how well it sticks to walls. Noticed it fell off wall that had some texture and flat paint. However, on a smooth wall with lustre paint (semi-gloss latex) it is sticking no problem. We were even able to push it into the creases on door and window jam molding and it stuck. It's been a few weeks ago that we stuck it there and it hasn't lifted yet.

Let us know what you find out about materials that work for you. :)

strypguy

Avery 2611 here too. On most walls it works great. I have over 150ft of this up in one location and it's been over a year with no problems.
Texture and type of paint does make a difference. Most of these aren't made for heavy textured walls.

John

petepaz

we use the oracal 3268 with good results. nazdar has one that's good, image star polypro. it's polyester based so it doesn't stretch.

Suz

I'll have to give that 2611 a shot.

Are you guys laminating this stuff or no?

Pat, I have not laminated it yet, but I plan to do that also. More experimenting to do! I think if it is in a lower wall area or high traffic, I'm going to prefer lamination. We'll see how it works out!

VinylCutter

In India we get only Oracal 3628 due to shipping issues. Started using it since last year, no issues so far.

Anybody using 3628 for a long time for indoor graphics? Any word on the durability?

Jackpine

AllSquare sells this. Excellent results.
PhotoTex. I think they may be a merchant member here. Solvent and Aqueous versions available. I have also run some of it through a Xerox Docucolor toner based printer with good results. For plotting, sharp 60' blades worked best for me.

HardbargerSigns

Wall Noodle... noodling OFF THE WALL?

OK, So we're using Wall Noodle, but are having issues with the graphics staying on the bloody wall.
We left about a 1/4" border, no over-laminate, clean wall, out-gas period etc. So what could be the issue?
As per usual, many MANY thanks to EVERYONE here for the help! You ALL rock! :U Rock:

Cheers, Bryan

C

ColoPrinthead

We just bought a roll of Avey 2611, here is a product sheet:\
http://www.na.averygraphics.com/PDFs/PD_Sheets/PDS_HP_MPI_2611_Wall_Film.pdf

We are testing it to see how well it sticks to walls. Noticed it fell off wall that had some texture and flat paint. However, on a smooth wall with lustre paint (semi-gloss latex) it is sticking no problem. We were even able to push it into the creases on door and window jam molding and it stuck. It's been a few weeks ago that we stuck it there and it hasn't lifted yet.

Let us know what you find out about materials that work for you. :)
I have a 3x6ft mpi2611 panoramic image on a rough textured semi-gloss wall in my apartment and it's holding good (full bleed too) after about 5 months.

I also tested some in my office and it removed our eggshell paint when I pulled it up after a month, it didn't pull any paint off for the first week or two when I would reposition the test piece.

I don't laminate it because it seems to be durable enough on its on.

It works better than the other wall vinyls I've tried. I still think phototex is the best option but there is a difference in look and costs that has to be considered.

petesign

We also use Oracal 3268. It's easy for your customer to peel and move, and holds up pretty well. If you have a lot of ink saturation to the edge, it can curl. Also, you will do well to caution people when applied on drywall on an exterior wall or near a window. We had a church put one up next to their windows, and they had leaked moisture in.. when they pulled the decal off the wall, half of the sheet rock came with it. It was not fun to explain how it wasn't my fault.

**Edit**
http://www.oracal.com/products/_docs/prod-bulletins/WallGraphicApplicationTips1.pdf'
Here's some info on it.

VinylCutter

We also use Oracal 3268. It's easy for your customer to peel and move, and holds up pretty well. If you have a lot of ink saturation to the edge, it can curl. Also, you will do well to caution people when applied on drywall on an exterior wall or near a window. We had a church put one up next to their windows, and they had leaked moisture in.. when they pulled the decal off the wall, half of the sheet rock came with it. It was not fun to explain how it wasn't my fault.

**Edit**
http://www.oracal.com/products/_docs/prod-bulletins/WallGraphicApplicationTips1.pdf'
Here's some info on it.

So how long you've been using it? Any word on the durability? We started using it 6 months back, for print-cuts. I am skeptical about the adhesive durability. Earlier we used to print-cut on 638.

brian_fellers

I like Orajet 3268 for die cut graphics on a wall, and 3628 for wall murals. Both products work great, and give off a beautiful print.......as Oracal usually does.