• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Removing Decals...anyone use these Brothers chemicals?

Stacey K

I like making signs
Just got this email from Fellers. Ghost Off and Reflective Off? Anyone tried these products and do they work? Just curious since these are common questions on the forum.

1706282716643.png

petepaz

never had any luck with any of the vinyl off type products. always just heat (torch or heat gun) and elbow grease then adhesive remover for the glue.
or i use the vinyl zapper vinyl remover wheel

Mr.Signboy

We used to use vinyl off to remove semi trailer graphics, it worked ok, but we were also using a heated industrial pressure washer. I’d stick to rapid remover for what you’re doing.

Modern Ink Signs

Premium Subscriber
Just got this email from Fellers. Ghost Off and Reflective Off? Anyone tried these products and do they work? Just curious since these are common questions on the forum.

View attachment 169323
The vinyl off sucks. I’ve tried 2x and never worked no matter how long you let it sit or how much you use.

Heat and fingers or the vinyl erasers. I use the MBX removal discs. A little pricey and some post removal cleanup but works well.

Terry01

Vinyl off works.. Apply it and leave it for a couple of hours.. Must say though, it doesn't work on laminated printed material. Excellent for vinyl cut lettering though.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Never tried them but my go to is the larger Bernzomatic propane torch and Rapid Remover.

This one works well for larger graphics.
Brazing torch

Attachments

• IMG_4147.jpeg
    IMG_4147.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 66

Stacey K

I like making signs
Thanks everyone! I'm always looking for new products! I use the eraser wheel And still find it to be the best.

Barker03

The best option for heating I have found is a steam stripper larger surface area than a heat gun lasts about an hour and a half before needing to be filled up again. Only issue is the condensation it will create making the area damp and wet. But for a garage or outside its perfect.

tulsagraphics

heat + industrial citrus cleaner. I've got rapid remover too, but the citrus works as good or better (92% concentrate - crazy strong), and is only about 1/3 of the cost of Rapid Remover.