• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Removing perf from a large window?

Anyone have any suggestions to make it go quickly?
I have about 400sf of perf to remove from a window on a building. It has no laminate on it so that will make it that much more fun to take off.
I have taken it off of vehicles but never a building.
Not gonna be fun I'm sure but hey I get paid by the hour for removal so I guess I can't complain.

cdiesel

Grab a corner and pull.

If it's not too old it should come off fine. We have tens of thousands of sf of perf that we maintain. No problem unless it's really cold or really old.

I think it has been up there for a few years now through hot sun in the summer and freezing temps in the winter. I hope it comes off that easy but I have a feeling it might be a little tougher than that.

MikePro

A: get a floor scraper, with the 8" Straight-edge blade, and shave away.
B: get a vinyl zapper and go to town

cleanup with adhesive remover if any goobers remain.

petepaz

i have read a few threads about removal and on large areas, like trailers they say a steamer works. not sure what kind or how big but maybe for a large area like what your doing that might help soften it up for easier scraping and hopefully you can find a large scraper ...good luck

"Deposit Please"

Just a heads up...I would have the customer sign a waiver before removal just in case window gets damaged during removal...or there can be existing damage under the perf from previous work. The finger will point your direction if there are any flaws on the glass once the removal is complete.

J

john1

I had some on my side windows on my HHR, Unlaminated came off in pieces, Laminated came off in one piece in 3 seconds of pulling.

Just a heads up...I would have the customer sign a waiver before removal just in case window gets damaged during removal...or there can be existing damage under the perf from previous work. The finger will point your direction if there are any flaws on the glass once the removal is complete.

Good point!:thankyou:

i have read a few threads about removal and on large areas, like trailers they say a steamer works. not sure what kind or how big but maybe for a large area like what your doing that might help soften it up for easier scraping and hopefully you can find a large scraper ...good luck

Hmmm a steamer. Might be worth a try! Thanks