• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

removing scratches from oracal 210 gloss

Pete Moss

We are doing a series of acm signs that are laminated with Oracal 210 gloss. We are looking to remove scratches that were caused during installation. Any ideas how to remove them? I am wondering if buffing or frog juice would do the trick. Heat gun did not do anything. The signs look great until the sun hits them and really shows imperfections. Thanks in advance

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Are you talking surface scratches or gouges? If light scratches, Novus might help. Have never tried it, but PVC laminate is a plastic, so give it a shot. If it's gouges, nothing will fix that except replacing the prints.

petepaz

the novus works pretty good also maybe a little heat from a torch (just wave it over a few times). but like already mentioned if they are deep you will have to replace them

Pete Moss

This photo should help...

Attachments

• 20161028_164027.jpg
    20161028_164027.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 161

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
And since we can see what the end product is why in the world are you using 210? This looks like something they want to last a long time. I would have at least used 290. What vinyl is this?

Pete Moss

This job was quoted recommending 3951 with 290. The customer, against the companies input, wanted a lower price so it was made with 3165 and 210.

CanuckSigns

This job was quoted recommending 3951 with 290. The customer, against the companies input, wanted a lower price so it was made with 3165 and 210.

The vinyl should have very little impact on the cost of a job like that, your expense is in the install, getting the trucks on site to install those graphics safely. The couple hundred dollars saved in using a cheap vinyl will come around to bite them in the a$$ when they have to pay to reinstall the graphics in 1-2 years.

Some clients really can't see sense.

TheSnowman

Long as it's just fine scratches from a squeegee or something like that, we always torch every one that leaves the shop. You can tell where you've been because the scratches just erase as you go.