• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Repainting mailboxes?

OldPaint

quit bein a little girl...........you dont like sanding HIRE SOME ONE TO DO IT!!!! and if this makin you a ton a money then why not get a spray gun compressor, automotive paint like most have told you.......that will match that LATEX COLOR.......... are these all brand new painted boxes to start with? if yes, then AUTOMOTIVE PAINT IS THE TICKET. you can just wipe the NEW BOX with prep-sol, hit them with a coat of auto primer, then couple coats of color.......and let dry for a couple hours. then stickers can go on.

visual800

I have suggested the easiest way for you in my post. i dont how in the hell we got down to stripping and blasting. I swear some of you would go round the world 2 times when all you would have had to do is cross the street.

If you are not set up for spraying take them to a body shop and be done with it

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
are these new mailboxes, or existing? If they are new, I'm sure someone out there sells plain metal boxes... get an automotive guy to spray em, and skip the labor of scuffing.

SignProPlus-Chip

quit bein a little girl...........you dont like sanding HIRE SOME ONE TO DO IT!!!! and if this makin you a ton a money then why not get a spray gun compressor, automotive paint like most have told you.......that will match that LATEX COLOR.......... are these all brand new painted boxes to start with? if yes, then AUTOMOTIVE PAINT IS THE TICKET. you can just wipe the NEW BOX with prep-sol, hit them with a coat of auto primer, then couple coats of color.......and let dry for a couple hours. then stickers can go on.

Comprehension must be an issue here.

For the record...I'm not whining or being a little girl. We are a small two man shop and just trying to find more efficient ways of doing things.

Specifically my issue was getting the LATEX paint to better adhere to a new mailbox. A solution for this is NOT to use different paint.

This job has parameters I must follow, including the paint type. Solutions that are not with said parameter are useless.

I have a compressor and a full setup to spray here, again, not the issue. I would have use auto lacquer or epoxy from the start if I could have.