• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Replacement for MDO

chuckh

I don't consider my self a sign maker, although we screenprint signs, flexible mags, use PS vinyl and sell digital printed signs and banners that we outsource.

I have a client that wants to replace a hanging .75" x 48" x 72" MDO sign, with PS Vinyl graphics and lettering, with something lighter. The sign making company I use when I want a permanent, long lasting sign says MDO is the way to go. I don't doubt him. He's an outstanding sign maker. However, I feel that I need to offer my client an alternative and educate him on the positives and negatives of doing so.

Any suggestions or info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Chuck

2B

hanging and free swinging then you have to have heavy.

if you want another material then you can look at aluminum at least .125 thickness, this will have enough weight

player

I stay away from swinging signs. So much liability.

I have, however, welded very heavy chain so it looks like it is free to swing, but it can't.