• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Replacement Ink for Roland SP-540 VersaCamm

NewImage

i have been looking at replacement ink for my machine for doing
vehicle wraps.
there are quite a few people offering the replacements at a much
cheaper price than roland.

anyone had success with these aftermarket ink companies?
if so: which ones?
and how does the refillable ink work?
thanks

Jack Knight1979

Sorry.

Welcome to the group. It's a pleasure to have another member.

For the past few years I've been answering posts on this topic. I'm burned out on the aftermarket ink discussions.

I use Solaris from Fellers. Best stuff I've used.
It's compatible with Eco-Sol Max.

ProColorGraphics

I also use Solaris and love it. I think it looks better than OEM. I get mine from Ciber Supply. Talk to Bobby, he is cheaper than Fellers. (and a merchant member here)

Mosh

You are a fool if you think saving a penny a square foot is worth messing up your machine. OEM ink from roland is CHEAP, I pay $120 from Midwest signs for a 440.
What is the cost savings in the end if the product is inferior? Take it form me, sign supply sales people are WORSE than used car sales people!!! They are going to tell you what you want to hear. And yes I am talking to any who are on here as MM! Sorry, but that IS how it IS!!!! It is like saying E-85 gas is as good as normal gas, they do both work, but E-85 gets WAY less mileage, same with rip off inks...Sorry if I burst any sales bubbles, but PROOVE ME WRONG.....wait you can't, cause I have been there and done that most likely before you were out of high school.

inthesignbiz

I'm with Mosh.
There is no way I'm going to risk a $17,000 printer to save a buck.
I've had my 540 for 4 years and it prints as well today as it did the day
it was installed. Nothing but Roland inks.

Dave L.

The only time I've seen seen third party work to a users benefit is when they are buying about $5000 dollars in OEM a month and want to save the 40%....(Economically it is cheaper for them to pay for a service if anything goes wrong) Keep in mind i've only been sold on the 3rd party when the users are going through a lot of it. Those inks are no good when you are a Mom and Pop running your printer for a dozen jobs a week. If your your going through 12 440cc's a week have at it. Otherwise, i would stay away from the whole hoopla.

guillermo

Try http://www.jetbestusa.com/ these inks also cleaned my printhead whean was not printing properly, it had a lot of banding and now after I started used this ink, my test print are great....... I recommend these inks, check the prices, I buy half liter for $45.00, a liter for $89.00.

Spencer McMurtry

I recommend you stay with oem, not worth saving such a small amount of money when print heads cost $1,000 each and install runs atleast $500.00. also non of your oem profiles would be correct.

DRamm76

Everyone who uses 3rd party inks will swear by them till the day they die..UNTIL..there's an issue, then all of a sudden it's "THIS STUPID ROLAND WON'T PRINT THE WAY I NEED IT TO"...Well tell you what..since you've voided you're warranty, take all the money you SAVED on that 3rd party ink and buy a new machine..

Here's a thought, since so many people believe 3rd party ink is the second coming of Christ, let's just say you buy it from a supplier who puts his name on the ink to distribute..if he wants to now save HIMSELF a few pennies and finds an even CHEAPER cost on ink for him to put his name on, do you REALLY think he is going to let you all know about it? Hello 4th party??

People go in business to MAKE money..no one wakes up and says "HEY I WANT TO GOM INTO BUSINESS TO SAVE MONEY!" It's not the same ink...period..Dealers purchase THOUSANDS of cartridges more than any end user, so what makes you think you can purchase LESS and get a better price..

How much are you REALLY saving when your machine is down and dealers won't touch it because it's not Roland ink? Think about it...

SIGNS300

Indeed there are certain inks that will kill your machines Im a large format printer Tech and I have seen all kinds of problems with non roland inks but there is one brand I really think is as good as roland inks and you should know that mutoh inks are the same as the rolands no difference made by the same manufacturer and ultramax inks are excellent and no need to worry or change profiles made by the same company the one thing that you should never use is bulk system the teason is there is no vacum on yhe lines and there is allways air in the lines that causes clogs in your heads

hey Tim I know its a old post but I cant help to see that you are a Roland dealer selling 3rd party ink?? That being said theres two comments saying that solaris ink is the best 3rd party ink. lol I have been to liquecolor in norman,ok lets just say not the cleanest ink company in the world Im a technician who has replaced numerous printheads due to bad ink I call it the S word. QC is #1 in the wide world of ink cartridge refilling and to say theres a big difference in between eco solvent inks,,, not so much take that roland, mutoh, mimaki cartridge apart bet the bag says epson :)) no such thing as roland, mutoh, mimaki, or even solaris ink these guys just brand the cartridge. So I say no matter the ink know were it comes from have the supplier put in writting a warranty so that if you have a problem it will be covered. if they want your ink buisness bad enough they will support and cover any problems you might have with the ink. Cheaper is not better....you get what you pay for....