• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Replacement Ink for Roland SP-540 VersaCamm

34Ford

Its my understanding that a Roland printer recognizes 3rd party ink and does more head cleanings thus throwing your ink into the waste bottle faster.

CS-SignSupply-TT

Firmware and Model

Its my understanding that a Roland printer recognizes 3rd party ink and does more head cleanings thus throwing your ink into the waste bottle faster.

Dennis, depending on your version of FIRMWARE and MODEL, the Roland printers do recognize OEM vs. 3rd party. Thanks for the comment.

Robert Gruner

New Image,

Due diligence...I strongly suggest you perform due diligence.

I am somewhat surprised that no one has mentioned the success of the Triangle/INX Digital EDX Inks. Triangle is the largest and perhaps most reputable third party supplier of Eco Solvent/Mild Solvent and UV inks in the widformat digital market. The newest formulation of EDX inks are match and plug compatible with Roland OEM inks. End users can change all inks at one time or individually as OEM inks run out. I recommend end users convert all at once. Some resellers make the changeover so attractive that no $'s are loss converting. I have color charts printed on same media one (of OEM ink) overlapping same chart of EDX inks. The meticulous end user would be hard pressed to tell the difference. Triangle requires their resellers to perform a print benchmark at time of conversion (nozzle pattern et al). One set of benchmark prints are maintained by Triangle in case there was ever a question re: that their inks had damaged the printheads. If there really was an ink issue, Triangle would resolve the problem to the end users satisfaction.

I encourage Roland end users to look at the sample prints before making any decision.
End users should expect to pay 30% to 40% less than what they are currently paying for Roland Eco Sol 440ml cartridges.

Good printing,

Bob Gruner

scuba_steve2699

I always love it when someone quotes this act. Below is taken directly form the link supplied. Notice it says personal use i.e. personal, family or household purposes.

I have never heard, seen, or met anyone who has successfully used this act to get a warranty enforced by a COMMERCIAL printer manufacturer. The act is to protect home users against companys like HP requiring that they use their inks. This does not protect commercial grade printers that we use.

If you want to void a warranty and go by this act, feel free.

If you are beyond the warranty and print enough to warrant the costs, third party inks may be an option for you.

Just my 2 cents.

From the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson–Moss_Warranty_Act :

A "consumer" is a buyer of consumer goods for personal use. A buyer of consumer products for resale is not a consumer.
A "supplier" is any person engaged in the business of making a consumer product directly or indirectly available to consumers.
A "warrantor" is any supplier or other person who gives or offers a written warranty or who has some obligation under an implied warranty.
A "consumer product" is generally any tangible personal property for sale and that is normally used for personal, family, or household purposes. It is important to note that the determination whether a good is a consumer product requires a factual finding, on a case-by-case basis. Najran Co. for General Contracting and Trading v. Fleetwood Enterprises, Inc., 659 F. Supp. 1081 (S.D. Ga. 1986).

CS-SignSupply-TT

The more you learn the more you know/don't know

I always love it when someone quotes this act. Below is taken directly form the link supplied. Notice it says personal use i.e. personal, family or household purposes.

I have never heard, seen, or met anyone who has successfully used this act to get a warranty enforced by a COMMERCIAL printer manufacturer. The act is to protect home users against companys like HP requiring that they use their inks. This does not protect commercial grade printers that we use.

If you want to void a warranty and go by this act, feel free.

If you are beyond the warranty and print enough to warrant the costs, third party inks may be an option for you.

Just my 2 cents.

From the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson–Moss_Warranty_Act :

A "consumer" is a buyer of consumer goods for personal use. A buyer of consumer products for resale is not a consumer.
A "supplier" is any person engaged in the business of making a consumer product directly or indirectly available to consumers.
A "warrantor" is any supplier or other person who gives or offers a written warranty or who has some obligation under an implied warranty.
A "consumer product" is generally any tangible personal property for sale and that is normally used for personal, family, or household purposes. It is important to note that the determination whether a good is a consumer product requires a factual finding, on a case-by-case basis. Najran Co. for General Contracting and Trading v. Fleetwood Enterprises, Inc., 659 F. Supp. 1081 (S.D. Ga. 1986).

Scuba, thanks for helping me acquire a better understanding of the breadth and depth of Magnusson-Moss :thankyou: