Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replacing A Fuse On A Sp-540v

Discussion in 'Roland' started by rwsignguy, Aug 26, 2009.

1. rwsignguy

rwsignguy New Member

Jun 1, 2009
    It seems as though we have blown a print head fuse. We located the fuse and ordered the fuse from roland. Just not sure how to replace the fuse on the board. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Tags:
  2. stillhasdust

stillhasdust Member

Jun 9, 2008
    Charlotte
    I found a small shop in my area that repairs broken playstations, xbox, amps and other electronics. I took the board completely out of the machine and brought it to him. He was able to solder the fuse off and put the new one on with no problem and for only $10....If you do not have soldering skills please do not try this on your own.

3. MaximumRisk

MaximumRisk New Member

Aug 26, 2009
    where are this fuses located? I am having a problem, that after doing some research on this site, I think is linked to the head fuses but have no idea where they are. Can you tell me in what area they are? or if is it not too much to ask can you (or anyone) post a pic?

thanks in advance

4. rwsignguy

rwsignguy New Member

Jun 1, 2009
    These are real small fuses and they are white with little metal ends they are bigger then you pinky nail. There is a spot on the board where two ribbon cables come in, they are between those cables and they are marked (on our machine) as F2 & F3. They seem to go in line with how the heads are set up. We actually just soldered the new fuse right on top of the old and blamo we are back in business.

5. MaximumRisk

MaximumRisk New Member

Aug 26, 2009
    thanks!!, I'll look for them in the morning and test for continuity to see which one of them went bad, Thanks once again!

6. stillhasdust

stillhasdust Member

Jun 9, 2008
    Charlotte
    Yeah these are very hard to solder on and off. I asked 5 to 6 people "can you solder??" and they all said "ohh yeah of coarse I can solder anything" and then I showed them the fuse and they all said "well maybe you should take that to someone else." It is a very tricky part to take off so please find somebody who knows what they are doing.