• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Replacing A Fuse On A Sp-540v

rwsignguy

It seems as though we have blown a print head fuse. We located the fuse and ordered the fuse from roland. Just not sure how to replace the fuse on the board. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!!!!

stillhasdust

I found a small shop in my area that repairs broken playstations, xbox, amps and other electronics. I took the board completely out of the machine and brought it to him. He was able to solder the fuse off and put the new one on with no problem and for only $10....If you do not have soldering skills please do not try this on your own.

MaximumRisk

where are this fuses located? I am having a problem, that after doing some research on this site, I think is linked to the head fuses but have no idea where they are. Can you tell me in what area they are? or if is it not too much to ask can you (or anyone) post a pic?

thanks in advance

rwsignguy

These are real small fuses and they are white with little metal ends they are bigger then you pinky nail. There is a spot on the board where two ribbon cables come in, they are between those cables and they are marked (on our machine) as F2 & F3. They seem to go in line with how the heads are set up. We actually just soldered the new fuse right on top of the old and blamo we are back in business.

MaximumRisk

thanks!!, I'll look for them in the morning and test for continuity to see which one of them went bad, Thanks once again!

stillhasdust

Yeah these are very hard to solder on and off. I asked 5 to 6 people "can you solder??" and they all said "ohh yeah of coarse I can solder anything" and then I showed them the fuse and they all said "well maybe you should take that to someone else." It is a very tricky part to take off so please find somebody who knows what they are doing.