• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Reselling at quantity

jayhawksigns

Discussing in our shop this morning about how we should price out a quote request we got in today.

Customer is looking for 250 banners and we got a quote to produce them for under $1.50sq/ft. What we are discussing is how much to mark up on top of that? Customer is providing all of the artwork, its just a ship and receive job.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Typically in the yard sign business, my customers get anywhere from 30-50% on top of our prices ($1.50/.5 = $3.00).

Thanks!

Kevin-shopVOX

At least double your cost plus shipping. I would even do a 2.2 markup in case there is a mistake that needs them to get redone. If you have to have them redone at your expense at least you still made a little bit.

jayhawksigns

How good a customer; what have you charged them in the past; did they mention an expectation of discount?
Recently picked them up, and its a fair bet several members on this board have their product at home.

We haven't done any banners yet, just paper prints for packaging and for the single piece items they have just gotten the discount we give when they bring in 100% print ready artwork, plus a bit. The banners are hemmed and grommeted, and that was included in the quote that I got. Only thing it didn't cover was shipping.

I just don't want to under-price ourselves, but of course we don't want to price it so that they go back to their old out of town supplier either. Out bookkeeper was wanting to just add $.50 to the sq/ft cost, add shipping and call it good.

petepaz

depending on the customer you should be able to go at least 2-3x your cost + shipping
also allowing for any kind of mistake or re-do that could cost you later on

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Honest answer? If the customer is getting competitive quotes, you won't getthe job unless you can do it in house...

I respectfully disagree. There's alot of work that goes into production and ALOT of work that goes into customer service, relationships etc. There's room for two in there...whether it's a sign shop and a manufacturer or a sales person and a production person.

HulkSmash

I respectfully disagree. There's alot of work that goes into production and ALOT of work that goes into customer service, relationships etc. There's room for two in there...whether it's a sign shop and a manufacturer or a sales person and a production person.

As true as this is.... The type of economy we live in today... people only care about pricing.... they don't want to hear why it's cheaper.. or how it's cheaper.. just that it just is...ESPECIALLY for banners...

it's a different story for wraps, and high end signs.. but for simple banners... it's all about price.. sorry to say.

How big are the banners?

Marlene

250 banners, all the same print? looks like you were quoted around $42 each, that seems high to me for a qty of 250, 4' x 7' banners

Circleville Signs

Just so you are aware, and I fully understand your local economy would bs different than mine, but for 250 4'x7 banners, we would be at roughly $2.50/sf ifthe finish was simple grommets, no hemming/taping.

J

john1

Even at a mere 25% mark up to get the job your making $10.50 off each and $2625 total profit. I am not sure what prices your up against but even that is worth it to make some money none the less.

Pat Whatley

your cost of $1.50 psf sounds kind of high if they're just standard 10 oz vinyl, hemmed and grommeted. That's what signs365 gets for one off banners.

You should be able to get that at less than $1 psf from a good wholesaler.