• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Retro Logo Design

Sign-Man Signs

It's nice but I wouldn't know what he does if I saw it driving down the road. What about "Bob Dougherty" at the top in the script and "Plumbing" bigger and in the arch?

I don't know Blue. I understand exactly what he is. Sometimes I think we get to carried away on something simple. Like most wraps, what the hell was the designer thinking with all that glob-d-gup on the design. I say looks good. Keep it just as it is. Here's one I did back in 2008. Hand painted and vinyl in later years.
:U Rock:

Attachments

• Van Design 2008.jpg
    Van Design 2008.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 71

Helga

I quite like it! I'd rather make the border of the inscription more accurate, but on the whole it's bright and catchy! :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:

Rob_maxgrafix

I like it, the only thing I would change is the outline on the "doherty". The corners of the letters come to points, the corners of the outlines are rounded, I would change it so the outlines are mitered and mimic the shapes of the letters.

Perks

Check the spelling of Doherty. Some spell it 'Dougherty'. Another option would be the Pig Latin version O'Hertyday....HEH!

nwsigns

seems really disjointed to me and I agree that the hand and wrench dont have the style as the rest. I would really simplify that and go for a more iconic look on the wrench, something like this... but not ugly

picture.php

SKADSIGNS

Looks good!!! I think Plumbing should be incorporated in there somehow as well.

I did a similar design for a contractor and he said the shamrock has a different meaning than the clover. Father, Son, Holy Ghost or Faith, Love, and Hope.