• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Reviews of Roland VG2-540?

TimToad

We're shopping for a new 54" printer/cutter and wondering if anyone has an opinion on the new Roland VG2-540?

petepaz

we have one with white ink set up and don't really have any issues. works as good as our other rolands. we have vp-540, xc-540, xr-640 and lej 640 i think the xr is my favorite of the bunch. least amount of issues with that one. the xc has been a work horse also. the truvis is simple goes back to the vp style as far as controls. the waste in container is small so if you can get a larger capacity container get it. we seem to have to do more cleanings on that machine than the others (other than the lej but that's the nature of the uv ink) over all it's a good machine at a good price plus when we bought ours roland had a promo going for an extra year of warranty at no charge and we had to use that twice .

TimToad

we have one with white ink set up and don't really have any issues. works as good as our other rolands. we have vp-540, xc-540, xr-640 and lej 640 i think the xr is my favorite of the bunch. least amount of issues with that one. the xc has been a work horse also. the truvis is simple goes back to the vp style as far as controls. the waste in container is small so if you can get a larger capacity container get it. we seem to have to do more cleanings on that machine than the others (other than the lej but that's the nature of the uv ink) over all it's a good machine at a good price plus when we bought ours roland had a promo going for an extra year of warranty at no charge and we had to use that twice .

Thanks,

Are you using the white very much?

The model our supplier is pitching to us has the 8 color w/orange option and 2 year trouble-free warranty included. It seems really reasonably priced, so we suspect it was a demo machine they brought to the last SGIA show.

petepaz

we do use the white a good amount. it's pretty good but not as good as the uv white. you have to make sure you shake it everyday and at least once a week i have a test file with white print i will run through if we haven't used the it for a job. main thing with white ink is it needs to run. if it sits too long you will clog the head or line or damper or all 3

equippaint

What's a trouble free warranty? That mean they stand behind it as long as there aren't any troubles?
Id want dual cmyk myself, biggest reason being speed. Orange seems like a waste for most shops.

Mega-Tech

We're shopping for a new 54" printer/cutter and wondering if anyone has an opinion on the new Roland VG2-540?

I was wondering this too. We're trying to decide if we should double up the CMYK, or do C,ltC,M,ltM,Y,K,ltK,O. We have no need for white.