• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

RF640 - Nozzle Check (Test Print) Serious trouble

BunnyOne

This morning you could see the test print.

It was ok the last week. Really don't understand the mistake.

I don't have error message, do you have any ideas ?

Attachments

• IMG_5992.jpeg
    IMG_5992.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 257

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Check your head cables for damage, corrosion, or ink splatter. Something is shorting out and causing the head to malfunction. It could be the head itself but it's usually a cable somewhere that's not plugged in properly or is dirty.

BunnyOne

Hello,

Thank you for your help. I just clean & check the 4 cables on the head, still the same Problem. May be I have to check the "head board" ?

BunnyOne

I try to print the test print in the middle of large size, after un light cleaning (to pump the ink), i had a 0110 error message, and now there is still a lot of ink in the cap.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I try to print the test print in the middle of large size, after un light cleaning (to pump the ink), i had a 0110 error message, and now there is still a lot of ink in the cap.
Read error of Linear Encoder
Read error of Encoder on Scan Motor side.
Belt is not fixed to Head Carriage firmly.

BunnyOne

Thank you for you answer.

I clean the linear encoder, same Problem.
I re-clean the linear encoder + Service mode test linear encoder (check), same Problem.
I change the sensor of the linear encorder (under the print carriage board) + Service mode test linear encoder (check), same Problem.

I don't have ideas.

kanini

Just a long shot; is the choke valve in correct position (the RF640 does have a choke valve, doesn't it?)? If you've used that, if not disregard this post.

BunnyOne

After many try.
I don't know why but sometimes there is ink in the captop (after a single cleaning it's ok).
I changed the linear encoder, still have some trouble but it's really weird, because when I print a file from Versaworks, it's ok except all the print Area is black (like the 1st Picture).

So I think it's the head print, but I want to be sure. A bad head print could create linear error ?

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
The first thing you need to do is to clear the lines between the cap and the pump. Ink remaining in the cap is an indication of a clogged line. Once that is done, post the results.