• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ridiculous service!! Not Happy!! How do I handle this??

DIGITAL DESIGNS

I will try to make this as short as possible...

I have a Vinyl Express Q54 Plotter bought from Sign Warehouse bundled with a 1204 Mutoh & Laminator. Recently I have had a problem with the contour cut being off. I went through hours of test with tech support at SW only for them to tell me he thought the cutter is messed & we need to have it repaired. The machine is still under warranty, but I find out that I will have to ship it to Texas for them to repair it & warranty does not cover the cost of shipping.

I then call around & find a Graphtec technician in my area & after going back & forth with him & SW he said he would work on it & SW would pay for parts, but not any labor. So I took my cutter to him to work on.

In the meantime I have an 8k job that still needs to be completed so I go out & buy another cutter (Graphtec CE5000). I explained to the graphtec tech that I was having a problem with the contour cut being off. After a week or so he calls & said he ran some test & the cutter is fine. I asked him if he print & cut a file with it & he said no. At this time he told me the bill was $150. I then sent him a file & asked him to please print & cut it to be sure everything was ok. He called a day or so later & said everything is fine, he cut the file & would bring the cutter back to me & show me some things that may help me out.

The Graphtec Tech come to my shop, set up the cutter & the contour cut was still off. I asked him to bring the file he cut at his shop & he did not. He also showed me where he ran a test I belived called a mark sensor adjust test where you insert the pen & the cutter will draw a crosshair, then scan & read it & then draw another crosshair & you enter in the offset if it is off. He showed me this & it was dead on (which I did before sending it off), but still the contour cut is off. He then spent approx. an hour, in my opinion "lying"to the cutter & changing the offset measurements until the contour cut was on.

As he was leaving my shop he gave me a bill for $250 (remember the $150 earlier). Evidently he charged me $100 to print & cut one file that he "forgot" for bring to me to show me. By this time I am just furious so I pay the $250 w/o question.

After he leaves my shop, I try to continue to use the cutter & I managed to get approx. 2 panels out of it, before it got to the point where it would not even read the reg. marks.

Basically now I feel that I have this graphtec tech involved & Sign Warehouse. I have spent countless hours trying to fix the problem myself with & w/o help from tech. I also have spent thousands of dollars between a new cutter & tons of thrown away media...

...But now I am not sure which direction to go. I am ready to start with this graphtec tech & demand a refund or for him to come out & fix my machine, or call SW & demand they pay to ship this thing to them & repair it?????

Whatcha think???????????

blazingquarters

wow im glad i read this ,,i was just getting ready to make a order with sign warehouse for a plotter,,scratch that!! glad i found this forum and your post.

ron

CanuckSigns

do a search for sign warehouse on this forum, they don't have the best track record when it comes to customer service.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
In this case....call SW and speak to the tech you get on the phone. Be sure EVERYTHING you went thru is well documented with them first. Then speak to the Service manager there. The people on the phone cant do a heck of a lot to make things happen beyond walking you thru tech setups im sure. If you get the service or tech manager on the phone, he can make the call thats needed in order to get things fixed and done right.
I would ask to be reimbursed for the service tech if they were on the phone and SW agreed to it.
How did you pay for the service call...check Im assuming? You cant stop payment on it to the best of my knowledge. A credit card is a different story as they back the consumer typically in a matter like this.
Finally...if the service manager cannot wave a magic wand...they should be shipping you a replacement cutter and having the one in your current possession picked up.

To be sure though, are all your software settings correct for cutting after the print? I know finecut for Mimaki has specific settings for offset and line type.

DIGITAL DESIGNS

you sure it isn't your software?

I have wiped clean my cpu & installed a fresh download of Flexi 10.5???

Although it is weird that my new graphtec is doing the same thing!! I have done sooooo many test, different files, laminated, non-laminated, output compensation test, PF feed, hell there is probably more just cant remember them all.

Only 2 years experience here in the industry, but I also have an ATV & motorcycle shop for 12 yrs & counting, so I somewhat understand the mechanics of some of this stuff, but to me increasing the offset was just a way around the problem & not fixing it

401Graphics

so the CE5000 is doing the same thing? Then i would say it isnt the cutter that has an issue.

I am running a mutoh 1204 and graphtec FC8000 (aka Q54) with flexi 10.5 and windows 7. No issues

DIGITAL DESIGNS

so the CE5000 is doing the same thing? Then i would say it isnt the cutter that has an issue.

I am running a mutoh 1204 and graphtec FC8000 (aka Q54) with flexi 10.5 and windows 7. No issues

I have the same exact equipment as you, besides we are still running XP. The machine has worked very well for right at 2 years, until now.

I would also agree with you that it looks like it is not a cutter issue, but from changing computers, to software, to files, etc... I still think it is the cutter.

BUT, this is also why I am pissed... If it is not the cutter, then why the hell did SW tell me it is the cutter which is why I bought a new one

Mosh

It's a trap.

Ackbar_HS.jpg

DIGITAL DESIGNS

wow im glad i read this ,,i was just getting ready to make a order with sign warehouse for a plotter,,scratch that!! glad i found this forum and your post.

ron

Dont let this make your decision... It is very hard to beat SW's price on their equipment... I want to say I bought mine right at 2 yrs ago & got the Q54 plotter, 1204 mutoh & laminator for under 15k

At some point in time you will have issues with all of them.