• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ridiculous service!! Not Happy!! How do I handle this??

mopar691

Digital Designs,
I've looked at the tech support notes from your case and I have a hunch. According to our notes, you're not just doing a standard contour cut, but a "perf cut" That requires a few extra steps that, if not performed correctly, will cause the alignment to be off.
At one point in the notes, it mentions that when you wanted to do the regular cut, the plotter was performing a perf cut.
That indicates to me that the settings in Flexi aren't quite correct. That would also explain why the Graphtec is doing the same thing as the Q54.
It is a somewhat complex process, but if you'll check all the boxes in the correct order, it works. I've written a blog article about this that you may find helpful. Please refer to it, but also feel free to contact me and I'll walk you through the process.
Here's the link.

http://www.signwarehouse.com/blog/?p=4152

Ya if that is what he is doing and he is new to perf cutting he is going to wreck alot of material to get it figured out, need to set not use same profile for each color, set up 2 contour colors in your artwork and make sure you tell flexi to sent the correct profile to the plotter before cutting, pause between colors, switch the blade location manually, then hit start again.

Also make sure your colors are output in the correct order or it will perf first. And tool location is correct within the profile editor on the plotter for each specific cutter.

I perf cut every day and love it, yes I did mangle about 50 yards of material before I got good at it. It takes alot of setup time and has a steep learning curve.

Last edited:

JBarraxSW

...need to set not use same profile for each color, set up 2 contour colors in your artwork and make sure you tell flexi to sent the correct profile to the plotter before cutting, pause between colors, switch the blade location manually, then hit start again.
emphasis added.

BINGO! :signs101:

Last edited:

thewvsignguy

Fair enough.

Yeah; it's awful when we spend hours on the phone with a customer and cannot sleuth it. The customer suffers, we pull our hair out, and in the end, the problem remains, and maybe the cutter needs to come back to us, for service or to be replaced. It can happen, and more so in our case because, well, we sell gobs more of them.

And if this is bad, I'd like to know who does more:

* Tech support, by actual in-house SignWarehouse technicians, 7-days a week

*Open from 7am - 11pm, M-F; 9am - 4pm Sat; 1pm to 5pm Sun

*Online knowledge-base, 24/7/365, that's the envy of the industry, and used by customers who bought elsewhere, our competitors, you name it. It's unsurpassed. Really. Take a look at the depth of the info, downloads, videos and more at www.signwarehouse.com/support and www.signwarehouse.com/tv

*Online community monitored, by me, 7 days a week. Also by Jerry Barrax, arguably the most-knowledgeable product manager on the planet, who has helped people with various application questions, that literally amaze me in how any one person could know so much about vinyl, printing, t-shirt, engraving, you name it. Check it out: www.signwarehouse.com/forums

I'm pretty proud to be associated with SignWarehouse.

Had a issue with our printer last week on 11-20, as of today I still have not gotten a call back. This is not the first time SW tech support has let me down either. Again, I'll take my business elsewhere if you don't want it, that's what I did with the supplies I USED to get from SW.

JBarraxSW

Hi WVSignGuy.
If you'll PM me with your phone number or business name, I"ll find out what's going on with your case and make sure you get a call back.

Graphics2u

Had a issue with our printer last week on 11-20, as of today I still have not gotten a call back. This is not the first time SW tech support has let me down either. Again, I'll take my business elsewhere if you don't want it, that's what I did with the supplies I USED to get from SW.
Not being critical here, but if you had a problem and didn't hear back in a day why didn't you call again? Today is the 29th, that's 9 days, and obviously the call got dropped, but that's about 50/50 on both parties isn't it?

thewvsignguy

Not being critical here, but if you had a problem and didn't hear back in a day why didn't you call again? Today is the 29th, that's 9 days, and obviously the call got dropped, but that's about 50/50 on both parties isn't it?

What's the point of wasting more time to leave a message and again waiting for a call back? The last few times I've called I leave a message because the printer techs are busy, I get a call back in 24-48 hours. I know things take time, I gave them a day or so but I just move on to someone that will listen and help. Also the problem had to do with the LCD screen going blank, I turn the printer off and back on then it works fine. I was trying to be proactive about a small issue. I was told it's a loose cable that I will take care or myself.

Don't get my last few experiences with SW twisted. When we had the premium support for 1 year, when I called I was answered or back up and running very quickly.

Not to :threadbut I'm just speaking of my experience with SW tech support in the last year or so.

WrapYourCar

i've heard of cutting being off on cheap/faulty media, perhaps try a different roll? maybe different computer/usb cable too...

mark galoob

just fyi, i think all the vendors that sell this kind of equipment pretty much operate their tech support the same way and i think it pretty much sucks. now when i bought my xerox 560, i get a service contract with it, and i have a problem and make a call and a tech comes out same day and fixes it. 100% worth it. in fact, i venture to bet that the copier companies are moving into the large format industry with the same gusto as they destroyed the manual press printing industry, and when they do, you wont see companies like sign warehouse, or advantage or any of those guys able to compete at all...

mark galoob

ps i know for a fact xerox has a 24" roll printer in the works that is toner based but with same properties as eco sol ink...and they are going to charge by the sq foot. and if you have a prob with their printer, they will be out there w/in 4 hours to fix the darn thing...

Bigcat_hunter

I just read this thread. I have to say I am very impressed with sign warehouse and their customer support. I have had some problems and they go out of there way(literally) to make things right.

WarrenMonument

i know this is old but may be a new reader

I have wiped clean my cpu & installed a fresh download of Flexi 10.5???

Although it is weird that my new graphtec is doing the same thing!! I have done sooooo many test, different files, laminated, non-laminated, output compensation test, PF feed, hell there is probably more just cant remember them all.

Only 2 years experience here in the industry, but I also have an ATV & motorcycle shop for 12 yrs & counting, so I somewhat understand the mechanics of some of this stuff, but to me increasing the offset was just a way around the problem & not fixing it

the reason that your graphteh is doing it could have something to do with the tech telling the machine incorrect info about the offset trying to workaround the other problem, or and i'v had this happen before were your output in my case plt file is currupt and i agree with you he never cut the file at his shop he did not forget it.. should have told him to come back the next day and not allowed him in with out it.. although hind sight is always 20/20

x2chris7x

We have a Vinyl Express Q160 and we've had problems with reading contour maarks as well... We have it working almost 100% now, through a lot of trial and error. What exactly is your plotter doing when it is reading the marks? Can it find some but not others?? If so which ones???

I can give you all the info I can about this issue. Send me PM.

Mustang Guy

Disatisfaction with Sign Warehouse

do a search for sign warehouse on this forum, they don't have the best track record when it comes to customer service.
I have for 4 weeks been trying to get Sign Warehouse to send me 2 small samples so that I can do an accurate match for a fleet of fire trucks and 2 times they have told me that the samples were in the mail and all I have received are duplicate copies of their catalog. I left a message again today and still have not returned my call. The customer service does lack!! Only good service if you are dishing out money for product, after that all customer service is out the window.

JBarraxSW

Samples

Mustang Guy,
I apologize for the delay. Please PM me with the details of what you need and I'll make sure that it's sent your way promptly.

lodcomm

Ackbar_HS.jpg

priceless ')

Stanton

I think you were attracted by the thousands you saved when buying your equipment from us. Is that a fair assumption?

And yeah, we're able to offer great prices because we have large, centralized locations in TX and KY, where we offer depot-service, that's top-notch. In fact, we're not just the world's largest Graphtec dealer, we're a certified tech center, and by far the best, in my opinion.

And as many will attest, Graphtec cutters are renowned for their bullet-proof reliability. One with a problem is HIGHLY rare. But yeah; it happens, and we'll fix it for free if need be, which again, is pretty rare. But if you want to use your technician, then that's up to you and also at your expense. But the parts we'll cover, of course, which is not without certain uncertainties, i.e., how good is technician? Certified Graphtec? Will they know what's needed, or go on a fishing trip?

The thing is, we give it our all, within the confines of our service model, which folks know going in. But you gotta work with us, too.

And that said, I'm truly sorry that your Graphtec is not performing as it should. That's really bad luck, since there's literally no better cutter of its type, made, in my and 1000s of sign-maker's opinions.

Once again, my apologies for the problem. And I do hope you'll let us fix it, since our techs are second to none when it comes to Graphtec cutters. Truly.

Best Regards,

Jim Doggett
SignWarehouse

Kentucky Jelly or flavored lube?

GraphicMasters

Wow!!

I am so glad I found someone else that has this same problem!! I have went thru so many emails with the tech support guys and none of them have helped. (keep in mind they have made an attempt). But, calling SW is virtually useless. I just bought the same setup and it hasn't worked from day one. I am so so so disappointed its not funny. I have no faith in my cutter at all. My business is dramatically going down hill quick fast and in a hurry. By looking at how many people are having the same issue, you would think they would have a solution. I need help. I am wasting so much material trying it on my own.