Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestions right tool for the job- heavy duty riveter

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by petepaz, Apr 15, 2019.

1. petepaz

petepaz Major Contributor

Feb 14, 2007
    NJ/NY/PA
    quoting a job to attach a sign or banner to a steel storage container. it's stationary and won't be moving.
    figured i could just rivet aluminum panels or rivet a banner to the side. any recommendations on a heavy duty riveter? don't want to spend money on something that going to break after a half hour of use.

or if anyone has a better idea on mounting i am open to suggestions

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
  3. equippaint

equippaint Very Active Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Florida
    Harbor freight has a good pneumatic 1/4" rivet gun. We have 3 of them including the original that we bought 10 years ago. Jaycee sales (rivetsonline.com) has a good selection of rivets. My preference is for Bulb-tite 1/4 when the material were going into is thin because they have a large backside profile and monobolts which they call Interlock, each 1/4" steel. We use these for repairing wrecked box trucks when you cant get a bucking bar on the backside.

• Like Like x 1
  4. unclebun

unclebun Very Active Member

Hope you don't have to stand on your head to do that job as well.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious! Hilarious! x 1
  5. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Ours is pneumatic also, Jonnesway JAT 3064 Just put in about 100pcs 3/4" rivets over the weekend in a sign.

pop rivets.jpg pop rivet gun in action.jpg pop rivet gun.jpg