• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions right tool for the job- heavy duty riveter

petepaz

quoting a job to attach a sign or banner to a steel storage container. it's stationary and won't be moving.
figured i could just rivet aluminum panels or rivet a banner to the side. any recommendations on a heavy duty riveter? don't want to spend money on something that going to break after a half hour of use.

or if anyone has a better idea on mounting i am open to suggestions

Attachments

• storage container.jpg
    storage container.jpg
    454.6 KB · Views: 123

equippaint

Harbor freight has a good pneumatic 1/4" rivet gun. We have 3 of them including the original that we bought 10 years ago. Jaycee sales (rivetsonline.com) has a good selection of rivets. My preference is for Bulb-tite 1/4 when the material were going into is thin because they have a large backside profile and monobolts which they call Interlock, each 1/4" steel. We use these for repairing wrecked box trucks when you cant get a bucking bar on the backside.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ours is pneumatic also, Jonnesway JAT 3064 Just put in about 100pcs 3/4" rivets over the weekend in a sign.

pop rivets.jpg
pop rivet gun in action.jpg
pop rivet gun.jpg