• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

RIP Software

eforer

We have Onyx, Caldera and Flexi. Flexi is not my favorite. It's profiling tools are easy to use, but we find it's dithering model "SpotON" to be subpar to the other two. It is also less stable and slower than the other two. Honestly, setting up Caldera on Linux is cake, just install the distro of linux from their website for your version of Caldera and install the software. The distro of Unbuntu for super 7 comes preconfigured with a samba share so you can network it easily with your pc's and macs.

Onyx, well I like onyx okay. It has served me well over the years and it's interface is no more clunky than Caldera IMO.

In terms of interface, Flexi is the best ergonomically, but it is worse in every other way.

signswi

I actually like Onyx's interface best but that's probably just user bias. I just wish the layout tool was built into preflight instead of being two separate tools, but I find Caldera to be a worse offender on the "lots of different ugly windows for functions" front. However I know people swear by the Caldera workflow once you get used to it. That said, I have Onyx so automated with quicksets and hotfolders I barely spend any time in it anymore, it all just works.

Try both, see what you like. Go see them in a shop in use if you can too.

Flexi is just abysmal and should be avoided.