• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

RIP Steve Shortreed

OldPaint

put this pic on letterville. 2 of these guy are together tonite......steve and timi.

Attachments

• shortreed.jpg
    shortreed.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 74

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Rest in Peace Steve. Our thoughts are with Barb.

Steve helped a lot of people in the craft of sign making.

Techman

timi was turning a mini fridge into safe. It looked so real that someone asked how they got it up on the flimsy table so easily. The hand made dial and latch lever looked fully authentic.

Steve (very front) is operating his lappy. He hand painted a really cool panel. He also lost a ton of weight after this meet. He was down to about 180 pounds.

Si the old geezer that almost left us a few years ago from a triple A on the left is sitting there goading on timi (sitting behind steve) and steve.

Santo standing in the small door way in the back,

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Knew him from afar only. What I know, seemed genuine.

He will surely be missed by many.

R. I. P.​

cajun312

timi was turning a mini fridge into safe. It looked so real that someone asked how they got it up on the flimsy table so easily. The hand made dial and latch lever looked fully authentic.

Steve (very front) is operating his lappy. He hand painted a really cool panel. He also lost a ton of weight after this meet. He was down to about 180 pounds.

Si the old geezer that almost left us a few years ago from a triple A on the left is sitting there goading on timi (sitting behind steve) and steve.

Santo standing in the small door way in the back,

Hey, that's me on the left by the wall, the mini fridge blew my mind. RIP Steve.

Techman

that's Don Coplan standing in the middle of the big door way. He about 6'6" tall.

And that looks like Robert Nuis the pin striper standing on the L edge of the big door.
He striped a car, a pickup truck a mini van and my Nissan Quest nanny van..

If it is Robert,,,, he gave me a striping lesson where I was able to pull a perfect long line first time every time.

Some of the older more experienced guys accused me of pretending to know nothing.

David Wright

Many years ago Steve and Barb surprised us with a visit at our shop. Broke bread and slung paint on a few subsequent occasions since then. Enjoyable company and an underrated sign writer.
Rest in peace brother.

iSign

if Steve and Letterville are not entirely responsible... my experiences on Steve's site were certainly the gateway drug that led me to everyone I ever met here!
He has played a significant role in the trajectory of my career over many of the earlier years of my creative evolution! RIP Steve!