• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rip trial fully functioning?

SameDay Signs

Hi there looking to buy a new rip software and I've only used an ancient one for quite awhile. I'm looking to find a trial that is working where I can actually use if for 14 or 30 days. Does anyone know of a rip that is compatible with a JV3?

Like I've said I have an old program (rasterlink pro) but it just doesn't do it for me and I'd like to upgrade to a new rip but I won't buy before I try. The problem is the ones I find are just trials and not fully functioning trials which for me does no good since I want to actually test it out and see how profiles and such print from it. If anyone has any ideas please let me know

Scott

petepaz

we have used roland's versa works and onyx/composer for our gerber edge
not sure that they are compatible with your machine but both work good and real easy to use

SameDay Signs

Thanks for all the help I actually contacted Caldera got a download now I'm trying to install the damn thing. It's a complicated download LOL.

Thanks for the ideas and I think I may even try to call Onyx and purchase a trial from them as well

Thanks

VTSigns

Definitely try Caldera. They will pretty much give you however long you need as a trial. I bought Onyx and absolutely hated it so I demoed and bought Caldera. Caldera is an awesome RIP program. Leaps and bounds above Onyx IMO.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I know many love to hate it but just as many love it. Flexisign Pro does work great with Mimaki machines, has great print/cut functionality, plenty of canned profiles and if you own an Eye One it has a custom profile creator built in. I know the demo does not let you print, cut, save but I am pretty sure you can email SAi and they can email you an activation code that is only good for 30 days to demo it fully.

As far as color goes any rip will only be as good as the profiles - not sure how good the canned profiles are for any of them really. I have always created our own and get excellent results.