• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rivets are my new headache

Conook

I have a printed vinyl Graphic that I need to place on the side of a delivery van. The problem is that there are 3/4" rivets on the side I have to place the graphic. If this was just straight vinyl I would not worry but since I have to pay 100 bucks for the big sticker I want to cover my arse with some knowledge before I have to buy a second sticker.

Got any advice????

P

ProWraps™

use cast materials. get a rivet brush. watch tutorials on the web. impossible to tell you how to install compared to how easy it is to watch. rivets are easy and you shouldnt be overly worried about them.

Conook

Great advice...but

I have not been able to really find any tutorials online for Rivets exactly. lots of advertising commercials for fabulous products...yet nothing I can really observe. Any ideas where a good resource is for those video tutorials?

YouTube was pretty much commercials.

Thanks in advance for your information

Dane DeFord

A common mistake is people confuse rivets with screws. I've had many customers call wanting a trailer or box truck lettered and claim that the vehicle or trailer has rivets. I've found that 99% of the time they turn out to be screws NOT rivets. It's an 8 sided (looks like a torx bit) screw, but takes a SQUARE BIT. If thats the case, remove them, install your graphics, put the screws back in (but don't over tighten).

If they are truly rivets it's just practice, practice, practice. Hope it helps.

Dane

S

Sign-Man Signs

We do airplanes which have about a zillion rivets in them. Use use a tool called the Rollie-Pro, which a foam wheel and a heat gun. Lightly heat them up and use the Rollie-Pro to form them to the rivet. If they become stubborn, punch a small hole thru the vinyl on top of the rivet, heat again, and roll again.
Here a link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Z4YSMH06l4