• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

roland camm1 PNC96 0

vickycarol

Hi, I am getting started in the business of cutting vinyl. I have been using a Silhouette Sd machine to cut small stuff. But I recently bought a Mighty Press heat press to be able to do t-shirts. The heat press was a used one I purchased from an individual. The lady also threw in a Roland Camm1 PNC 960 cutter. I have been trying and trying to get it set up to cut. I downloaded a driver to be able to use it with my Windows XP laptop. I have tried and tried but I can't seem to get it going. I can get it to do a test cut but that is all. I have it connected with a parallel cable and a usb port on the other end. Can someone please tell me the correct way to set this up? I have set it to USB001 port. But still can't get it to cut. I have downloaded the Dr. Stika Plus program. I also have inkscape installed on the computer. Any help in getting this going would be so greatly appreciated. Thanks, Vickycarol:thankyou:

OldPaint

i dont think dr sticka will make a viable cutting program for the pnc-960.
get a copy of corel 10 or newer. work from that. have no idea what inkscape is.
once you get COREL..........i belive your prblem will be solved.
note: i have been cuttin from COREL to a ROLAND since 1993..................so i know this works.

Littleslogos

Configure Roland PNC950 to a new program WinPC/Pro 12

I can not get it to cut anything. It states that it can not initiate the machine. I seem to have it in the program correctly but I don't know if some of the reading might be wrong. Can anyone help me, Please

OldPaint

DO YOU HAVE ANY VINYL OR PAPER? you do know you can put a pen in the place of the blade? get the pen in it, load some paper, see it it will do a TEST CUT.....IT WILL PRINT ROLAND..IN A BOX..... if it working...........if not you may have send it to somebody that knows how to fix em...or find someone close that can try to get it set up for ya....