• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Roland cutting out

Envisiond

Please any advise would help!
Using a Roland VS540. We are printing small stickers 60 x 15mm, in batches of 200 (total media used is 600 x 520mm). We print, take out, laminate and put back to cut. This is where the problem comes in. It starts off cutting fine, but the further down it goes (by line 6 for example) it starts cutting out. It cuts out SCAN (back to front not the feed (Left to right). And every line after that it becomes worse. We have done all the print cut calibrations and test and still the same problem. We have made sure the wheels and rollers are clean, we are using as many rollers as media width allow us, so dont think the media is moving. Any idea if we are doing something wrong or is it maybe a machine fault that I need a technician for?

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Attachments

• END OF CUT.jpg
    END OF CUT.jpg
    467.3 KB · Views: 180
  • START OF CUT.jpg
    START OF CUT.jpg
    446.4 KB · Views: 143

petepaz

i have had this happen on rare occasions with our xc don't know what caused it. not sure if it was the machine, the rip or the file. not a common thing it would just pop up every once in a while. if you run smaller batches it may help so if the first 5 or 6 rows cut good then just reduce the size of your sheets to match whats cutting correctly. probably want to check with your roland tech if you don't get an answer here and let us know how you make out

Joe House

Generally we call the scan direction left to right - the direction the print carriage travels and the feed direction is front to back - the direction the vinyl travels. If it is off front to back (what I call the feed direction), then you should perform the feed calibration with laminated vinyl and use that setting when cutting. Also, turn your heat off or down when cutting as the material could be expanding as it heats up (after the reg marks have been read and calculated). These are both very small variables, but they can add up.

Good luck.

Like Joe says feed is the way you FEED you material in the machine also called X axis and scan is the movement of the head also called the Y axis. If you calibrated your machine mixing up these two just set it again and it should work.

lexsigns

I had similar issue once - believe it or not it was the rubber on the wheel of the pinch roller on the far right.
I needed to replace the wheel. It’s worth taking a look. I watched as it cut and that’s the only way I noticed it.