• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Desktop Printer/Cutter

QualitySigns

Has anyone used the Roland VersaStudio 20" BN-20 desktop inkjet printer/cutter? If so, what do you think of it?

QualitySigns

My question was: "Has anyone used the Roland VersaStudio 20" BN-20 desktop inkjet printer/cutter? If so, what do you think of it?" Have you used one Auto-FX?
progress.gif

AUTO-FX

Gee sorry, didnt mean to butt in, but i was curious of the machine (like you) and of the media one would purchase. No, I have not.

petepaz

Never used it but from what i can tell just looks like a versa camm had a baby. If you where thinking of getting one i do think you will be very limited in your material selections and where you can purchase them from
...just food for thought

briankb

Premium Subscriber
I have been looking at getting one but you can get a slightly larger Mimaki CJV30-60 (24") for about the same price. Or better yet a Mimaki CJV30-100 (40%).

Welder.man

We should have one next week, I have also ordered a fair amount of media and am having it all cut down to size for this machine.

petepaz

i am not saying that you won't be able to get the media just that you may be limited because it's an odd size-20in but i guess you can just run 15" gerber material.
when you order from you r vendors do they offer alot of 20in material?
i am sure roland will offer a good selection but they are always mor expensive

KARYN BUSH

yes....this is what all our good larger clients will buying so they can do themselves with their $12/hr in house graphic designers. oh happy joy joy.

petepaz

yes....this is what all our good larger clients will buying so they can do themselves with their $12/hr in house graphic designers. oh happy joy joy.
and then when they realize they don't have a clue as to what they are doing they will be ringing your phone again..."HELP!!"...hahaha

signmeup

My supplier will slit material to whatever size I want.
I'm quite interested in this machine. It would do a lot of the stuff I sub out now.

briankb

Premium Subscriber
and then when they realize they don't have a clue as to what they are doing they will be ringing your phone again..."HELP!!"...hahaha

If that happens offer on-site training at about $200hr, not kidding, and they will probably do it. I bet it's easier to sell training than the signs. :-(

petepaz

i have nothing against the machine. we have 2 rolands and our 3rd is on the way (new uv machine) and if this machine works for you, have at it. i am sure it is a good product. my only thing is we started with the 30" sp300 and after about 6-8 months we realized it was to small for us, so i am just thinking (and i don't know the price range of the 20" machine) a bigger machine for a few more buck$ just gives you more options

Rodi

I like the idea of metallic, but white and metallic would have been even better! The sample I got was good print quality, but the cutout was Cheezy. I think this is a product that ought not be though, why not get a bigger Mimaki/Roland for not so much more? It is not quite a niche piece (like an Edge, from Gerber) and with so many printers out there, the pricing is essentially a commodity. That said, I was very intrigued by the idea of a desktop cutting and printing option.

splizaat

We considered the Bn-20.....for less, ended up with a used SP300V 30" Roland....happier than ever with my choice.

Mikey42

versastudio bn-20

Hi Gang I too would like to hear for some using this printer.I have see no reviews at all from actual owners.
Iam going to a show this weekend to check one out

stillhasdust

I have seen them print and this is not a production machine. This is a machine intended for an "end user" that wants to make their own stickers, labels, and such. Or used as a second machine to add extra value with metallic. It is well built and has ROLAND quality all over it but not the machine I would want to promise deadlines off of.

13 minutes minutes for a 15" x 4" print (3 stickers - 15% metallic/85% CMYK)