• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland DG today introduced the new VersaArt RS 640

GTSTech_1

The VersaArt was introduced and available for the Aussie Market. I believe it's a test market. If successful, I'd look for Roland to introduce it to the states @ SGIA Atlanta this Oct.

B Snyder

That UV printer looks really interesting. CMYK + opaque white AND clear coat. Too bad its only 30" but I'm sure it won't be long before a larger model is available.

hoppers

So is this VersaArt basically just a cheaper SOL-JET? Guess Roland wants to complete with the Mutoh Valuejets, huh?

The UV one does look cool too, but $50K aint cheap for 30 inches wide!...I know there are a lot of thermal users on here, could this inkjet UV be similiar or better then thermal? I assume this inkjet UV still needs to be laminated though...

What is the main draw for this UV printer, the ability to print white, clear and on a lot more material choices? I think there are cheaper options for doing so in other branded printers...or am I wrong?

ChiknNutz

Probably not much need for lamination of a UV print, but I could be wrong. I just saw these last night in my email....sexy as all get out.

advancedcolor

So is this VersaArt basically just a cheaper SOL-JET? Guess Roland wants to complete with the Mutoh Valuejets, huh?

The UV one does look cool too, but $50K aint cheap for 30 inches wide!...I know there are a lot of thermal users on here, could this inkjet UV be similiar or better then thermal? I assume this inkjet UV still needs to be laminated though...

What is the main draw for this UV printer, the ability to print white, clear and on a lot more material choices? I think there are cheaper options for doing so in other branded printers...or am I wrong?

One of the intended draws for the LEC-300 is the ability to combine UV print and cut for the decal and label markets. Picture control panels for machinery or other products with a control panel and a simple sticker won't be durable enough. Granted a laminated sticker may work but the UV coated will probably offer greater protection. Another application is creating different textured prints. Imaging creating a unique texture to be combined with a vehicle wrap. And no, the UV doesn't need to be laminated. Hope that makes sense.

anotherdog

Just talked to a sales guy, the RS is basically 20% faster than the VP but without the cutter. I think the price point and extra speed are aimed at the mutoh market, slightly cheaper and slightly faster than the other rolands in that range.

AllSquare Jason

Just talked to a sales guy, the RS is basically 20% faster than the VP but without the cutter. I think the price point and extra speed are aimed at the mutoh market, slightly cheaper and slightly faster than the other rolands in that range.
Not to mention that this printer also utlizes Roland's Intelligent Pass Control (Speeds up the printer - wave pattern to eliminate banding).

I was exibiting next to Roland at SGIA (AllSquare Booth) and the response from the RS was great. Banners were coming off the printer, folding on themselves and NOT STICKING.

Also note that upgrades in VersaWorks will now allow you to drive up to 4 Roland Printers, and can now drive the Roland Cutters. Very cool stuff ~

Last edited by a moderator: