• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Eco-Sol inks?

Firefox

I am narrowing in on buying a Roland VS-640 with Eco-Sol CMYK, LC, LM, WH & MT inks.

I have been using an HP 5500ps/UV with aqueous inks so I will need to buy a whole new set of supplies. Obviously the Roland brand media/supplies will work well with their printer but at a premium.

My question for those of you that use Roland Eco-Sol Is:

Are there any medias that you have had bad results with Eco Sol inks I should avoid?

We mostly print on Scrim banner, various Gloss photo papers and such but with the added capability it opens up a whole new set of products that we have had to outsource or turn down due to turn around.

Thanks in advance for any info.

petepaz

we have a vp-540 and xc-540 we don't run too much paper but many are available other than roland (at a better price) but as far as banner and vinyls no problems here

Firefox

we have a vp-540 and xc-540 we don't run too much paper but many are available other than roland (at a better price) but as far as banner and vinyls no problems here

That is good to hear, thanks.

The sales guy I have been talking with says it will print on almost anything, I learned a long time ago to not believe everything sales people tell you! My HP5500 prints on most anything you can feed into it but without the right coating in can look like poo applied with a stick!

Ragnabrok

It sticks quite well to pretty much whatever can fit under the pinch rollers. With some tweaking, i've seen guys print acceptable quality on silver metallic vinyl.

petepaz

yeah we are always experimenting with different materials
we can print on vinyl, polycarbonate,.010 pvc (rigid vinyl)
the only material we really have trouble with is polyester/mylar
it has to be top coated

Firefox

Okay, Polyester/Mylar materials can be trouble.

I have used poly, rarely, a long time ago on the HP... Coated of course.

ProColorGraphics

It sticks quite well to pretty much whatever can fit under the pinch rollers. With some tweaking, i've seen guys print acceptable quality on silver metallic vinyl.

I have had very good luck with little effort printing on silver metallic vinyl. I have found that calendared vinyl works the best.