• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

roland heater settings

graphix

i am at a lost again, heater cinfig what is the print dryer? and what should it be set at?heater? and what is the dryer? and what should it be set at? or is it called a printer dryer and if so it has two settings can someone explain and suggest a temp for orajet 3165....
thanks

petepaz

2 heater settings
1 printer heater- pre-heats the material so the ink will stick
2 dryer heater - helps speed in the ink drying
i keep mine at 35 to 40 degrees for both the print and dryer
i have some polyester backlit material that i bump it up to the max of 50

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
You can select (use default media settings) in the printer controls in VersaWorks under heat settings. All material is different so if you have the correct profile selected it will rip with the proper heat setting.

SignsOfMaine

One more tip, the defaults are good I find, but the ink isn´t 100 percent dry once it comes off... you can maybe swipe a finger across it and not smear ink, but if the sheet touches other print material it will lift the ink off. It´s sort of half dry ... safe to laminate but you have to be careful with it for a few hours. (I don´t think additional heat helps, but I could be wrong). Also if I have to contour cut without laminating, I don´t set it to do so right after printing. I change the dry time from default to 20 minutes, otherwise the rollers in the printer will leave tracks in the ink.