• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland new launch VS640 !!!

bigben

I have some demos of the silver ink. If you print on any coated material, the metallic ink will fade/take of when you pass your finger on it. So everything need to be laminated. Plus it cost around 1$/sf just for the ink. Plus if you don't use it in one month, 68$ of ink will go in the waste via cleaning cycle.

So if you plan to use silver ink every day and will laminate every things, go for it!

Rickey J

I think its going to be a great machine. It retails for around $26,000 and I find that to be a good price considering all that you can do with it. It prints up to 64" wide, t can be set up for 3 different printing options. I am also told that it only uses 2 print head for all 8 channels now I am not sure what replacement cost will be but that is 2 less head than a VP printer plus if you use the dual C,M,Y,K Set-up it has awsome print speed. So for the versatility in how you can set up the machine I find it to be a good printer for the money.

jasonx

I don't have a XC540MT. I have a XC540W at the moment. Looking at upgrading to the metallic model. We do a fair bit of white ink work but it is pretty slow even on our machine. I wouldn't want to be doing it any slower then I already am.

jasonx

You'll have some waste. The new printers have recirculating systems. Roland have quoted me an 80% saving on the ink wastage in the maintenance procedures on these new machines. For our business the savings in ink should make it very suitable. The metallic will just be an added bonus.

kustom.printing

Which would you guys choose is the XC540MT an out of date VS640 with it having the new print head and the 6 colours CMYKLMLC+ White + metallic compared to the XC540MT CMYK + White + Metallic.

Also is the VP540 quicker in CMYK than the VS with the option CMYKLMLC + White + metallic but only using CMYKLMLC.

Last edited:

dmayhew26

So what are some of the thoughts of anyone that has been using this machine now for a few weeks or more? I am going with the White and Metallic and just wanted to know if the print speeds are really that slow? I have an SP540 now so any comparisons would be great. Thanks.