• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland new launch VS640 !!!

ProColorGraphics

Hmmm. Now you have me wondering what to do. I am about a week or so away from getting one. Was counting on the advantages of the white and silver, now I don't know what to think.

ProColorGraphics

I guess my main mission with a new printer was to get a 6 color printer. So I guess it all else fails, I can still do that. I was thinking of doing what you did artbot and just having clear cartridges in the white and silver slot until I need to use them. If that would work I guess.

Also to the guy who last posted about all of the problems, I have a VP-540 and I was having connectivity problems as well and it came down to the mainboard. Got that replaced and it has worked like a dream!! It screwed up the cut lines on mine as well. A new mainboard fixed it all.

dmayhew26

Here is a job I did with my VS. I have to say I don't use the Silver all that often but when I do things come out really nice. I haven't had any problems with my printer, knock on wood!!

Attachments

• IMG_2579 (1).jpg
    IMG_2579 (1).jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 74

ProColorGraphics

Thank you for posting the pic! That looks nice.

So does the silver and white work like a spot color? Or can do do gradients, blends, ect. with it?

TCBinaflash

Yep, color under diffuses the metallic. Try duotones and playing with the contrast, we have had luck with that on photographic art.