• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Overspray Issue, Help, argggggg

cartoad

Attached is a picture of an overspray issue I am having with our SP540V,
printing from Versa Works or Flexi, same issue. Have tried different speeds to print at and the problem is slightly less as fast speed.
Overspray into white areas of magenta color. Roland Tech says it is not a mechanical issue, and to try other things. Research on Roland forums led me to think it was humidity, I have two small humidfiers going and have humidity at 36% (was 30%) no change in print quality.
Overspray is just the one color Magenta, have done head cleanings, cleaned encoder (although this does not seem to be an encoder problem)
tried rubbing my head, and patting my stomach as I hit the print button, with no change.

Never had had this problem to this extent.
Both intermediate and cast vinly yeild same result. I have tried different profile settings with no change. However I can print banner material at fast speed with no overspray?
I have connected a wire from the printer case to ground also.

Any Ideas are greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• overspray.jpg
    overspray.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 1,313
try increasing your humidity to around 50 percent. make sure there are no lose hairs or fibres on your carriage. i had the same problem last week, was getting simular results and i thought it was static...although my humidity and heat in the room were good. ended up being a lose hair or fibre being dragged...i cleaned around the heads and made sure everything was spotless and it went away

anotherdog

I also had something similar with my black, I checked the heads, cleaned and cleaned again, turns out it was a tiny bit of lam stuck on the media guide. Each time the head went across, it painted a line of ink on the head that was spattered when it fired.

okay, I also had something similar with my black, I checked the heads, cleaned and cleaned again, turns out it was a tiny bit of lam stuck on the media guide. Each time the head went across, it painted a line of ink on the head that was spattered when it fired.

it was on my black head also......was getting small lines which looked like static, but only on the black......

cartoad

Thanks for all the suggestions. Here is a run down of where I am at now.

Head height is low.
Was able to raise the humidity to 40% this afternoon with 2 humidifiers.
Adjusted the print head alignment (minor correction)
Changed the Sponge and did a very though clean of capping area and heads.
Checked and removed media guides to be sure.

No change in prints, lots of red overspray around anything that has red in it.

The #2 head is the original head at 5yrs, 8 mos age
Ran a history report with shot counts
H1 (black - cyan) 5,929,213 7,963,327 K shot/nozzle
H2 (Magenta - yellow) 14,892,395 12,239,096 K shot/nozzle
Any other suggestions are welcome

thank you,
Hal

CS-SignSupply

FYI - Roland heads are rated for 6,000,000 K shots/nozzle

many last longer of course, but based on the numbers, both heads are due to be replaced.

It is great to get 5+ years service from printheads

cartoad

Ordered a new print head this morning and will be here in the morning. The service manual is fairly well detailed as to the procedure to follow and talked to the tech for a few more hints, so in the morning I will put on my Roland Tech hat and go to work after UPS arrives.

After I change it out, will post the test print before and the same test print after the change.

Thanks to all for suggestions and your input!
Hal

JustinS

I had a similar issue printing fine black text on a couple materials in particular. the solve for me was making sure the art was being sent over in RBG color mode rather than CMYK. this fixed the overspray for me. it all started happening with the last update to versaworks. my guess is that they changed the way CMYK and RBG color data was handled.

bachaar

aj 1000 problem

hello all
i have problem for MY AJ1000 printing machine
the printer is sinusoidal form only for the cayan and black heads the photo is attached
please help me because i try with many solution " change cable card change carriage board but same problem
thanks & best reagrds

Attachments

• Photo0003 (3).jpg
    Photo0003 (3).jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 906
  • Photo0001 (3).jpg
    Photo0001 (3).jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 815

jhanson

hello all
i have problem for MY AJ1000 printing machine
the printer is sinusoidal form only for the cayan and black heads the photo is attached
please help me because i try with many solution " change cable card change carriage board but same problem
thanks & best reagrds

You should post this as a new topic, not a reply to a completely different thread. Click the "New Topic" button at the top of the page...

rjssigns

Take a clean micro-fiber cloth an gently wipe both sides of the encoder strip. Cures mine every time. And ditto on the humidity levels, should be around 50% to keep static down.
You can also try some Christmas tree tinsel or dryer sheets strung across the back of the printer to kill static. Laugh all ya want it works.