• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland PC600 ColorCammPro

blackicefx

I was trying to hold out on a good deal on a VersaCamm but came across a good deal on this PC600 ColorCamm. Anyone have any experience with these machinese? It's a 30" print/cut machine. Does this print well on banner material as it is described as a thermal printer.

Thanks,
Matthew
BlackIceFX

Gino

Premium Subscriber
No. In fact, you've been misled. It only prints and/or cuts up to 22-1/2 ". It can handle vinyls up to 30", but won't print that far. Also, it ONLY prints to vinyl adhesive materials and some foils. You can print to regular vinyl and then adhere that to a regular banner. Again, it will not print to anything other then adhesive backed vinyls. In case you're wondering, it won't print to magnetic material for the most part either.

woolly

there is no contest between the two.
the versacamm is far better cheaper to run,
you will not get real banner through a pc.
just a couple of small benefits to the pc but none for real every day shop use.

my pc 60 still delivers but compared to a VC its nothing, hence the price difference.

woolly

blackicefx

cool, thanks all for the feedback. I was starting to get that impression as I was researching.
nice to have some insider confirmation.

Thanks,
Matthew
BlackIceFX

high impact

The pc600 is good for it's intended purpose...small contour cut thermal printed decals.

Cons:
It is crazy expensive and slow to print with, you would be way ahead by spending more money on a versacamm. You CANNOT print on banner, magnetic, or print wraps with this machine. If you print a large print often the head will get hot and this does destroy the head. It also doesn't play well with dust, the head actually contacts the vinyl while printing and if there is ANY dust it will scratch the head.

Pros:
The pc600 does well by having the capability to print white and metallic silver and gold.