• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Pnc 1000 info

capone27

Let me start by saying thank you for the great forum!!!

I have just been given a old Roland Cam1 pnc 1000 from a friend that has a sign business, But he no longer has any of the software that went along with this unit.

I run a Marina in Ohio and would like to use this to make registration numbers and Boat names for my customers along with In house sign production.

I have alot of computer know how and I am sure I can set the cutter up but I am not sure of a few things:

Driver
Software for cutting
Thickness of film that this unit can cut.

I would use this on a windows xp Pc but I also have Mac's that I use for Web and Print work. All of my Macs have Usb and firewire only.

I have seen many answers on this forum but I am not sure that they directly anwer my question.

Thank you for reading my post! Any info would be very helpful

thanks
Capone

signage

Welcome from PA. Do a search on here for your model plotter and you should find a lot of info. As far as design you could use Coreldraw and cut from it. There is also a lot of info on doing that with Roland plotters. Hope this helps you.

OldPaint

corel for software, driver can be found on the net, or i can email it to you. you will get an ERROR message in the window on the plotter...IGNORE IT. it will cut all you need.
can do intermediate or HP vinyl.

capone27

ok I got CorelDraw 12, got some vinyl, got the driver from roland site....

even got a error 15 when I hook up the plotter...

But I need a step by step set up guide and some help getting started.

I used my old Vaio laptop with a serial hook up to serial cord to the plotter. ( I have read that serial is better but I have no clue)
Useing xp home

If you could point me in the right direction It would be very Greatfull.

If anyone has a users manul (if you think it will help) please hook me up!

thanks again
Capone

Techman

ca;; OP and have him guide you thruogh it all. Then send him a consultant fee for his trouble. Best way. PM him for contact. OldPaint He posted just above