• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ROLAND PNC-1000 / service manual / help!

hello everyone,
i ´looking for a service manual to my plotter, because there is some tricky problem, and i couldn´t find the way out.
it shows a message " illegal pinchroll position", evethough i moved with the pinchrolls many times, even cleaned "the electric eye".
anyway, service manual is urgently needed.
thanks

Techman

the pinch roll gets loose and will not activate the sensor.. Don't remember wich one it was but if you look you can tell right away.

OldPaint

manual is useless....
PNC-1000 has only 1 pichroller that is moveable.....
and it can only be at 15", 18" or 20" ONLY.....ANYWHERE ELSE IT CANT WORK!!!!!!!
and i might be mistake but it dosent have an EYE.
TOP PINCH ROLLER, one nearest to roller lock handle...
IS STATIONARY.....does not move.....if it does someome took out lockin screw......PNC-1000A has both rollers movable.....

Jackpine

Take the top off the cutter and you will see a screw on the right pinch roller as you are in front of the cutter. Remove this screw and you now have 2 movable pinch rollers and can cut scraps. I know because I have had 2 PNC 1000. Oh,.....put the top back!

you know, there is a strange behaving of the plotter.
when i start self test, then it beeps, growls and finaly it shows the massage
"illegal pinchroller position", but the "tool carriage" doesn´t move to the right.
it just shows the message.i think,that´s not right.
any answer please?

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
Email me with your email address, and I'll send you the manual- it's a 5 meg zipped pdf.

But, as OP says, it's useless in this case. There's a gremlin in the system,... It may be a setting on the panel?

thanks to you all for your advices and tips.
first, i´d like to appologize, that didn´t mention, that i´ve already got a operating manual /user manual/ , which is diferrent from the SERVICE MANUAL ( it´s mostly used by mechanitians for repairing work).
anyway, pretty good online emergency :)

OldPaint

its a simple problem....look at the position of the pinch rollers......THEY MUST BE CENTERED OVER AN EXPOSED SECTION OF THE GRIT ROLLER on the base of the machine.
now if they are both lining up and your still getin that message..you got a mainboard problem.
1. did the plotter every cut ?
2. will it do a test cut?
3. when turned on it should seek origin, meanin the cutter head will move slightly forward and backward.
4. load vinyl, dropp pinch roolers does it seek size?
if none of the above are workin you got a dead one...

you´re right.
my friend and me have actually done resurrection of a piece of antique-
roland pnc-1000.we´ve changed stabilizators, integrated circuits, and finaly like to make it works.my friend is an eletrician, but we´ve no technical support here from service.too old and unimportant for interest, like people.
we´d like to be just happy to make this "an old samurai" works,
that´s the reason, why i stubbornely like to get any information about it.
it seems strange, but i don ´t care.

Taurusndixie

I don't have an answer for the original poster, but I hope you can keep it running.

I love my PNC 1000a. Been running perfect for 13 years. Recently bought a new GX-24. By the time I tell the GX what to do, my old PNC 1000a is half way through the job.
After 3 days I put the GX back in the box, kissed my old cutter and plugged her back in.

Don

OldPaint

I don't have an answer for the original poster, but I hope you can keep it running.

I love my PNC 1000a. Been running perfect for 13 years. Recently bought a new GX-24. By the time I tell the GX what to do, my old PNC 1000a is half way through the job.
After 3 days I put the GX back in the box, kissed my old cutter and plugged her back in.

boy you must not have a lot to do......i out grew my PNC-1000 after 2-3 yrs of using it. needed longer the 62.99, ate blades, also it cut so slow i was always waiting on it.....i moved to PNC-1100's, now those are great cutters. more downforce, faster and are not limited by the 62.99 lenght.
i now have a CX-300 and its so nice, wish i had it 5 yrs ago.........30" wide, sheet cutter, and quick and way more precise then a PNC-1000 EVER WAS.......................

Taurusndixie

I was responding to the original poster. Offering a little support concerning his PNC 1000.

I have made 200,000.00 with this old machine and paid ( I think ) 1,800.00 for it.
Any machine that has done that for me with never a problem has my loyalty.
So far I have not had any problem with it eating blades. I change them about 2-3 times a year. As for the limited length, I prefer not to apply anything longer than 4 ft. by myself anyway. I also do other things besides cut vinyl, I was an artist with brushes before most had computers.

Your 30 inch cutter sounds nice, especially the extra width. I will keep it in mind if I ever need something that will cut more precise letters than my old machine. Maybe one day when my PNC 1000a dies, I might get a 30 inch cutter. But recently I've be thinking of buying a Versa Camm. That with my old PNC 1000a should just about do all I would want.

Have a nice day everyone.

Arlo Kalon 2.0

As for the limited length, I prefer not to apply anything longer than 4 ft. by myself anyway.

Sooo... should my PNC950 have some sort of limited length as well? Cuz operating it with Gerber Omega I can assure ya it cuts any length I send out. I sure don't want it to find out if it is not supposed to be doing this.

Taurusndixie

Arlo, good for you. I never directed any sarcastic or angry remarks against anyone or their cutters of choice. However, I was not rewarded the same respect by several here.

Glad you are happy with your 950. Hope it last forever. Hope it makes you 200,000.00 as my old one has.

Back to the original poster of this thread. Hang in there. Hope you get your machine fixed.

Have a nice day.

Arlo Kalon 2.0

Arlo, good for you. I never directed any sarcastic or angry remarks against anyone or their cutters of choice. However, I was not rewarded the same respect by several here.

Glad you are happy with your 950. Hope it last forever. Hope it makes you 200,000.00 as my old one has.

It was an honest question. I was adopted into Roland family when one was given to me. I also implicitly do not direct sarcasm - I consider it to be sub par communication.

OldPaint

"I also do other things besides cut vinyl, I was an artist with brushes before most had computers".........and what do you think i do?
i was and am an artist(since i was 6, now 61)but outgrew the PNC-1000 after a couple years ....AS i got better and bigger jobs that i could DRAW on the plotter and then make pounce pattern and paint.........and i would like a SOL JET...but ill go get my SOCIAL SECURITY 1st....then see what i want to be when i grow up.........))))))))))

Cadmn

Arlo I think it has more to do with software & drivers than machine. but my 960 has to be fooled to cut longer

OldPaint

shouldnt cadman. its a softwear issue once you get away from the PNC-1000. i cut from corel, when it originally set in the driver it will add a page that 23.97 or close to that and length at 62.99. this is a default setting ONLY.
in the page set up on the driver you tellit you want to save a setting for 23.97 or what the original heigth is and make length at 100.00. save it and then yo will have that page to cut on.....and no problem with a 62.99.

aandjdigital

I ran into the same problem. Was doing the test cut fine (when the up key is pressed while turn on) Tried doing a cut but was cutting a bunch of numbers (not what it was supposed to) I think it was cutting the coordinates not cutting to the coordinates (if that makes sense) Went and cut another sheet to put in to try something else, now I get the pinchroller error also. ANyone have a owners manual?? All I have is the cutter...no books. Any idea what may have happened?? Anyone figure this out??